Bit deelayed but anyways. Firefox 3 Alpha 6 was released with the following new features and updates:
- Updated SQLite engine to version 3.3.17
- Improved cookie performance
- Support for site-specific preferences – text size
- A new Quit dialog box that resolves termination errors
- Added permanent ‘Restart Firefox’ button to Add-Ons Manager
- Miscellaneous fixes to download manager including correctly displaying large file sizes
- Various Places fixes
- Miscellaneous Gecko 1.9 bug fixes
Also there are few known issues for all operating systems:
- Clear Private Data does clear stored passwords from the Password Manager list. The workaround is to clear the password list from within Password Manager.
- The Cairo graphics system has drastically changed the way all text and images are rendered from previous versions of Gecko, so occasional misrenderings of non-latin scripts and fonts may occur.
- The Phishing Protection notification bubble is hidden by the content area
Issues for Windows only:
- Upscaling images can result in misrendering, causing the edges of the image to appear blurry.
Issues for Mac OS X:
- The user’s choice of a default font may not always be honored.
- Font decorations such as underline and strikethrough may be drawn incorrectly.
- Complex script (ex: Indic) may be misrendered.
Issues for Unix Systems:
- Loading any page with Chinese, Japanese or Korean text can hang the browser.
- Performance on complex script (ex: Indic) may be slower than previous versions of Gecko.
- Compatibility issues have been reported when users are not running Xorg 7.0 or better.
- Users may experience problems when attempting to print complex pages.
More details can be found here.
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.