Grab your Android phones (or tablets), guys, as Mozilla has recently released a new Beta version of Firefox 23, which should keep you busy for a little while.
The question is: what has changed since the last build? Smaller screen size users will be happy to know that Firefox 23 address bar (which Mozilla calls “The Awesome Bar”) will be automatically hidden when not in use, saving you some precious pixel space.
In addition to that, Firefox for Android has also received the RSS feed reader update, allowing you to quickly subscribe to your favorite web sites when visiting them (simply long tap on the Awesome Bar to do so).
Those are not the only changes though, check the following list for all the juicy details:
Firefox 23 for Android Changelog
- Dynamic toolbar hides navigation bar when scrolling down page content.
- Basic support for subscribing to feeds (RSS/Atom) with long-tap in address bar.
- Add pages to reading list on devices incapable of accessing Reader Mode.
- Preliminary implementation of Firefox Health Report for Android
- Added a setting to let users display URLs in the title bar instead of page titles.
- Users can now specify a default search engine.
- Implemented switch-to-tab.
- Added hu and tr to Android multi-locale builds.
- Added Serif/Sans Serif font toggle to Reader Mode.
- Long press Reader Mode icon to add article to Reading List
- Awesomescreen remembers user entered search terms.
- CSP policies using the standard syntax and semantics will now be enforced.
- Write more accessible pages on touch interfaces with new ARIA role for key buttons.
- Added unprefixed requestAnimationFrame.
- HTML5 input type form control implemented.
- Dropped blink effect from text-decoration: blink; and completely removed element.
Firefox 23 Beta for Android
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.