Browser Wars: Ultimate Browser Benchmark: Chrome 2 vs. Chrome 3 vs. Chrome 4 vs. Opera 10 vs. Firefox 3.5 vs. Firefox 3.6 vs. Internet Explorer 8 vs. Safari 4
With the release of Opera 10 Final, it’s time to find out, who is the king of performance in web browser area.
The following browsers were tested (with no settings changed):
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 (Alpha)
Chrome 18.104.22.168 (Beta)
Chrome 22.214.171.124 (Alpha)
As there is more than 1 benchmark, we will give points after each benchmark for the following results:
3 points for 1st place
2 points for 2nd place
1 point for 3rd place
*Internet Explorer 8 crashed.
Peacekeeper benchmark results
CSS rendering benchmark (~2500 positioned (floated) DIVs)
Table rendering benchmark (~21000 td’s)
RAM usage after web browser launch
RAM usage with 5 tabs opened
CPU usage during launch
Cold and warm start test
And finally, page load time* (1 point per site)
*As for Wikipedia, the following page was loaded.
However, if we remove alpha and beta browsers from our benchmark, results are as follow:
And here you have it. Google’s Chrome web browser is clearly in the lead, followed by Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4. Speaking of Opera, hopefully, by the time Opera 10.10 comes out, things will improve for them.
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.
Sites That Link to this Post
- [Fav] Browser Wars: Ultimate Browser Benchmark - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net | September 7, 2009
- [Google] Google Chrome Frame plugin replaces IE's Trident engine with webkit - Page 2 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net | September 22, 2009
- Thai Brothers’ Sharing Blog » Blog Archive » A Slippery Slope | September 23, 2009
- Google Chrome Frame released for IE | Tech Mania | September 23, 2009
- A Slippery Slope | IP Address Visitor | September 24, 2009
- Google Chrome Frame | September 24, 2009
- Microsoft does not recommend using Chrome Fame | Google Wave Extensions | October 22, 2009
- A Slippery Slope | Pozycjonowanie i Optymalizacja | October 29, 2009
- Here’s My Internet Explorer 9 Wish List. What’s on Yours? | Technologizer | November 18, 2009
- Google Wave in Internet Explorer – Google Wave Developers Sandbox Blog » Wave Invitations | November 22, 2009
- Perang Browser Chrome 4, Firefox 3.6, dan IE8, Opera 10, Safari 4 « Bilik Rifki Wijaya | January 30, 2010
- 49 – Und wenn sie auch spionieren… « Täglich laufen | October 22, 2010