Category: Web Browsers
Science agrees: geeks use other web browsers.
By collecting data from more than 100,000 users, a research firm has revealed that the majority of Internet Explorer users tend to have a lower IQ than Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera or Camino users. No one cares about the EQ anyway.
However, if you use the Internet Explorer with Google Chrome frame, there is a hope for you too.
Ever wanted to create a simple theme for the web browser of your choice? Then BT Engage, an interactive skin creator by Brand Thunder is a tool you’ve been waiting for.
The process is pretty straight forward. Upon starting, user is presented with a web browser screen that can be customized according to your individual needs, from backgrounds and logos to widgets.
However, if you are not keen on trying such activity, feel free to check ThunderThemes, which includes over 40,000 already created skins.
The future of web browsers is here.
If you are one of those 2 people who would like to surf web pages via a calculator, then worry no more as Gossamer is here to save you.
Gossamer, a web browser for Texas Instruments graphing calculators allows its users to view web pages using CALCnet and globalCALCnet protocols. Although the direct URL input is yet to be implementing, features such as scrolling is already available in the 1.0 version.
Nintendo Wii is not required.
The HTML5 fun fest continues as more and more developers try its capabilities. The latest example comes from Robert Kleffner, a guy who took Notch’s Mario port and pushed it into the HTML5 space for you to try.
Jump/Enter Level: S
Click here and play now.
- A Man Who’s Never Used A Computer In His Life Tries Internet Explorer
- Firefox: Every Six Weeks
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update for Chromebooks
- Opera: Updated Ragnarök (HTML5 parser) Labs Build
- Vungle on Opera
- Why I don’t use Google Chrome or other browsers besides Opera
- iCab Web Browser
- Visualize your Web page in 3D
[Thanks, Rafael Luik, RamaSubbu SK]
Other web browser vendors to get jealous.
Good news for all the Google Chrome users, IBM’s John J. Barton, the core developer of Firebug, will be joining Google’s Chrome team to work on its next generation Web dev tools.
What made him to take such decision? According to John, working on the next gen Firebug is not practical as browsers change too fast for the size of its team to keep up and shift from desktop to mobile requires additional development time. Furthermore, he could not obtain another year of support from IBM to continue the contributions.
Baidu, China’s largest search engine has launched the Beta version of its own web browser, which was in development for quite some time, as reported earlier by FavBrowser.
Codenamed FlyFlow, Baidu Browser uses the WebKit rendering engine that seems to be a number one choice for many web browser developers these days.
Furthermore, FlyFlow has over 30,000 available applications for its users to choose from, ranging from online games to videos.
- Debugging Web Workers in IE10
- Introducing BrowserID: A better way to sign in
- How to Stop Website Tracking in Firefox
- Mozilla Challenges Google: Open Source Chrome Isn’t Good Enough
- 5 Chrome Extensions That Improve Google+
- Google Chrome Beta and Stable Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Chrome OS Stable Channel Update
- Opera Mini 6.1 updated for Android
- Opera Mini 6.1 silent update for S60
- Opera Tech Break: Speed Dial extensions
- Opera Tips & Tricks: Background and foreground tabs
Internet Explorer 9 scores 99-100%.
NSS Labs, an independent network testing facility, has tested 5 most popular web browsers against the socially engineered malware, resulting in more controversy and flame wars all over the Internet.
Although some claim that results are sponsored by Microsoft, Rick Moy, the president of NSS Labs, said that while Microsoft did hire them to benchmark various web browsers few years ago, it was only to improve Internet Explorer’s security. However, after seeing some positive numbers, it was only then sent to the marketing department to do their thing.
Tested web browsers