“In the second part of our three part interview, Opera’s Jon Von Techzhner gives his views on Opera’s one web philosophy, explaining why he thinks mobile phones will be the most important device for providing internet access worldwide.”
Yahoo News Writes: Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday confirmed it has submitted a formal response to European Union charges that tying the Internet Explorer browser to its Windows operating system violates antitrust rules.
At the time of the complaint, Opera said it was asking EU regulators to either force Microsoft to market a version of Windows without the browser, or to include other browsers with Windows.
Earlier this month guys at Opera Software were asking users to submit various questions which would be answered by Opera’s CEO, Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner.
Well, good news, he is going to do that today at 1 PM (UTC/GMT timezone).
The following questions will be asked: Continue Reading
“As a service whose sole purpose is the track the applications that people actually use on their systems, it should be no surprise that Wakoopa has a lot of interesting usage data. On a day to day level, Wakoopa’s data is good, but it’s the aggregate data over long periods of time that can be really meaningful to show how we are using our computers. Today, Wakoopa has released the first such aggregate data with its inaugural State of the Apps report.”
Also not a good sign for Microsoft: The older you are, the more likely you are to use IE. In the youngest age group, 11 to 20 year olds, even smaller browsers like Opera beat it. IE has been losing market share at a steady pace for the past several years.
While companies are working on their next-generation web browsers, Betanews has managed to test the performance of the upcoming ones, such as:
Firefox 3.5, Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome, Google Chrome 2, Safari 4, Opera 10. Test also includes Internet Explorer 7 and 8.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2009
- Best Internet Explorer Add-Ons
- Firefox Update May Not Support Older Windows
- Nine more Firefox add-ons to try
- Best Firefox Add-Ons
- iPhone 3.0 details leaked about Mobile Safari, battery status
- Drag Tabs from Google Chrome to Firefox
- Chrome update offers tab micromanagement options
- Google Chooses Zooppa to Advertise Google Chrome
- Exclusive Interview: Google Chrome’s Chromium Core Explored : Introduction
- Nintendo DSi’s camera wows, but browser disappoints
- Cooliris Version 1.10 Now Available