If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
As drama surrounding Ai Weiwei, the guy who was detained by Chinese authorities for tax evading, builds up, one of the programmers has created a web browser extension called “China Blocker”, which does exactly as described: blocks Chinese sites.
Why people are protesting? Ai Weiwei was a frequent spokesmen against the Chinese government and some people believe that this is the exact reason why Al was arrested.
China Blocker works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers and can be downloaded here.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad
Headaches are included free of charge.
Google, Mozilla and NVIDIA have teamed up to offer its users a unique 3D experience. By combining the power of a HTML5 based 3D playback (available in Firefox 4) and NVIDIA’s 3D Vision hardware, people from the Internets can now view stereoscopic 3D videos on YouTube.
According to Jonathan Huang, 3D Product Manager at YouTube, there are currently thousands of 3D videos available on YouTube and thanks to open standards, NVIDIA 3D Vision users will benefit.
The nightly builds of Firefox have received a new tool in the form of about:permissions. Typing about:permissions into the address bar welcomes one with a dashboard that lets you configure cookies, geolocation, pop ups, password keeping, and offline storage access on a per site basis.
If passwords have previously been set for a specific site, about:permissions will permit the viewing and removal of these passwords. One can also administer and get rid of cookies that sites have cached on the system or forget a site completely, eradicating it from Firefox’s memory.
With Google allowing users to hide the address bar in canary builds of Chrome 13, Mozilla has decided to release the LessChrome HD extension which pretty much does the same thing. This has seemingly sparked a bit of a debate in the browser industry, as the address bar has always been an integral part of the web browser.
Following Google’s Chrome faster release cycle, Mozilla has recently released the first beta of Firefox 5 web browser.
For a complete list of changes, visit the following page.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
According to TNW, Internet Explorer is the only modern web browser (Opera was not tested due to temporary issue with the test page) that is not affected by the recently found memory leak.
Once the site is back online, users can reproduce the bug by following these steps: