Lots of Firefox news this week so here is another report for you.
Mozilla has recently published the two new builds of Firefox 5 and Firefox 3 web browser branches.
Despite the fact that Firefox 8 has appeared on the Nightly channel just days ago, Mozilla reports that it is already 20% faster than Firefox 5 in pretty much all the tests, including:
3D WebGL rendering
Despite the fact that Firefox releases are getting slightly overwhelming, Mozilla continues to push forward and has now released the first Beta build of Firefox 6 web browser for both PC and Android.
According to the changelog below, Firefox 6 improves the usability of Web Console, startup times when using Panorama, Web Developer menu and more. As for Firefox Beta for Android, it also offers a variety of new features and improvements that can be found here.
Firefox 5.0.1 will arrive shortly going by an announcement made by Mozilla. No release date was given, however. The update isn’t for Windows or Linux operating systems either, just for Mac OS X. This is because Lion i.e. Mac OS X 10.7 possesses a bug that makes Firefox 5 crash when showing websites that utilize downloadable fonts.
We alerted Apple to the problem before the release of 10.7 but they did not fix the problem before 10.7 went to final release. We’ve changed the font APIs that we’re using to newer versions which appear to fix the problem. The bug in Lion will cause severe crash problems for Firefox 5 users if it’s not fixed. - Christopher Blizzard, Mozilla’s Web platform director
Recently, an application called Windows 8 UX Pack 2.0 was released, designed to make your OS look like Windows 8.
If you are as excited as some people are, then downloading it is a no brainer. However, be warned:
After installing and uninstalling the software (did not work for me), I have noticed that it has hijacked my web browsers settings with no warning. Not just Microsoft’s Internet Explorer’s, but also Mozilla’s Firefox and Opera’s (Chrome was not touched).
And how to fix them. Part 1.
Although the web browser user interface keeps evolving, it looks like from time to time some random programmer (who has no design experience) decides to implement a feature and mess things up. And you know what the worst part is? It looks “fine” to him/her and change is approved by management who has no design experience as well. Or at least it looks this way.
- A Browser for All Windows Customers: it’s about and, not or
- Internet Explorer 9 Font Update
- Mozilla Launches An Incubator Program For The Open Web
- Mozilla drafts Firefox vision statement
- Thunderbird joins Firefox with rapid release
- Pale Moon 5 Accelerates Firefox 5
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Stable Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Chrome OS has security flaws, claims researcher
- Summer travel with a Chromebook
- India Ranks No.3 In Terms Of Opera’s Mobile Web Browser Usage
- 3 Unique Alternative Web Browsers for Your iOS Device
- Stream Torrents in Your Web Browser With Magic Player