Author Archive: Vygantas
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism carrier back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.
After several Beta builds, Mozilla has announced everyone’s anticipated, Firefox 7.0 Final release.
To address recent (and not so) complaints, Firefox 7 has drastically reduced its memory usage and fixed several stability issues. In addition to that, Mozilla’s open source web browser also includes a few new features:
Makes web a beautiful place.
Google Chrome has recently unveiled a recent project of their own, called “Johnny Cash Project”.
What is it all about? The search giant has asked Johnny Cash fans from all over the world to come together and create a memorial music video for his last recording.
The final result is amazing and can be viewed in the following page.
- Touch Input for IE10 and Metro style Apps
- Firefox Enterprise Support: Mozilla Changes Its Tune
- Firefox Memory Leaks Once Again Causing Frustrations
- Google Chrome should be the standard Browser on the Motorola lapdock
- Google Chrome Stable Channel Update
- Google Chrome Beta Release
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera: Speed Dial Laundry Day
- Best Android browser 2011: which should you use?
- Opera Mobile on Android x86 at IDF 2011
- Opera Mini 6.1 for Symbian gets an update
- Updated Opera Mobile 11.1 for Symbian released
- RockMelt: Does the world need another Web browser?
- Maxthon Mobile: The Right Browser for the Samsung Galaxy S II
- Dolphin Browser HD: The Best iPad Browser Not Named Safari
If you don’t feel like reading small font size words in various web pages and can’t really be bothered to zoom in all the time, we have a simple solution: set a default page zoom level. Here is how:
Makes life easier for the browser programmers.
Earlier this week, Ian Hickson, author of the Acid3 test has informed community about the update. According to the source, specific implementation checks of features have been disabled as they are likely to be heavily modified in the future or completely removed.
As a result, Firefox 6 and Internet Explorer 9 web browsers now achieves a perfect 100/100 score.
[Thanks, Blake, RamaSubbu SK]
Mike Shaver, the founding member of Mozilla in 1998, has decided to leave everyone’s beloved organization.
As far as the future holds, Mike has not yet though about that, as he wrote: “I haven’t yet decided what’s next, though I have some exciting opportunities to explore. I am still truly, madly, deeply in love with Mozilla and the web it is building, and grateful for the opportunities that it’s created for me,”