Recently, Qualcomm has revealed Vellamo, a mobile web browsing benchmark for Android devices.
Here is a complete list of all the benchmarks:
– See The Sun Canvas: Tests the performance of HTML 5 Canvas-based graphics.
– Deep Sea Canvas: Tests the performance of HTML 5 Canvas-based graphics.
– Pixel Blender: Measures the web graphics-related bandwidth available for blitting and blending operations.
– Ocean Flinger: This is a test that tests scrolling smoothness and performance using a demo news site.
– User Experience, Image flinger: Stress tests the browser scroll performance when using a page made up of dense images. May take a minute to load.
– Text Flinger: Stress tests the browser scroll performance using a text-heavy web page. May take a minute to load.
– Loader: Repeatedly loads and reloads a sample web page to determine HTTP networking stack performance. This happens quickly, and hence you may only see the base color background.
Vellamo is free and can be downloaded from the Android market.
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.