Category: Web Developing
It looks like Google’s WebM VP8 hardware decoder IP is now available for the chip makers. According to the recent announcement, they can now start working on a WebM playback support for their chipsets.
Same report also states that Oulu team is set to release a VP8 video encoder in the first quarter of 2011 as it’s currently ran in an FPGA (Field-programmable gate array) environment.
Here is an interesting take on WebGL + Audio API that was developed by Mozilla volunteers.
The whole demo world has been completed by using canvas element with a WebGL context while models, animations and 3D structures were created with Lightwave.
Visit demo page.
Few days ago, Opera Software has released the pre-release version of OperaWatir, a toolkit to automate web browser interactions. That means you can now simulate mouse clicks, text entries, form submission and more.
According to official web page, it already has around 1,200 automated rendered tests for you to run.
First person shooters are next.
As of today, it will install games without your permission. However, manual removal is possible.
Now here is another neat HTML5 demo.
Google Chrome 9 Beta
Firefox 4 Beta
Safari Beta (Webkit)
Don’t forget that you will receive points for asking/answering questions and can redeem them for cool prizes.
- How many browsers do you have installed on your system?
- Have you ever tried blogging?
- Is Firefox doomed?
- How to disable automatic Opera tab stacking?
- What is your favorite feature in the current Opera 11 Beta ?
- What you think about Opera 11 beta ?
- What is your favorite Opera extension?
- Create new buttons in Opera ?
- How many of YOU are using Opera browser as default on desktop?
- Have you ever ask a site to “Open the Web” (ask it to stop block Opera or oither browsers) ?
- What is your favorite Opera feature ?
- Did you tried PaleMoon Project ?
- Should Adobe add sandboxing (protected mode) to Flash Player and Shockwave Player like they did for Adobe Reader x ?