Category: Web Browsers
Safari 4 vs. Google Chrome vs. Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 vs. Firefox 3 vs. Opera 10 Alpha vs. Opera 9.6 vs. Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 vs. Internet Explorer 7
If you are getting annoyed by old and popular SunSpider benchmark results, here is a new gem for you: PeaceKeeper – The Browser Benchmark.
The following browsers were tested:
Apple Safari 4.0 beta
Firefox 3.1 beta 2
Firefox 3.1 beta 3
Google Chrome 184.108.40.206 Continue Reading
During 2008 Firefox reported 115 flaws. That’s more than Safari (32), Opera (30) and Internet Explorer (31) combined. However, Firefox fixes the issues way faster than any other company.
The research was made by Secunia. (see pdf)
“Free Software Foundation Europe today announces that it will support the European Commission’s antitrust investigation against Microsoft and to this effect it has formally requested to be admitted as an interested third party.”
Continue reading at FSFEurope
Thanks to mabdul for sending this.
- The 12 Best Firefox About:Config Performance Tweaks
- Foxmarks Becomes Xmarks, Adds Search and Suggestion Features
- 10 ways to make Chrome as good as Firefox
- Latest Chrome release gets full-screen browsing
- State of the Mobile Web, January 2009
- ASUS Deploys Opera Browser for its All-in-one Touch Screen Computer
- Opera Software 4Q08 results
- Fennec Tab-Sync UI Update
- Wyzo: A Browser with Built-in Support for Torrents
As the new month begins, Net Applications has yet again updated their stats on web browsers market share. Let’s see what had happened in the February, 2009
Internet Explorer has slowed down its market share decrease and fell only by 0.04%, from 67.55% to 67.51%
Firefox continues to climb up and increased its market share by 0.2%, from 21.53% to 21.73% Continue Reading
The European Commission will require Microsoft to give users of its ubiquitous Windows operating system the opportunity to choose between different Internet browsers to avoid breaching EU competition rules, the bloc’s antitrust spokesman told EurActiv.
Although the Commission is still officially waiting for a response from Microsoft to the complaints raised last January, the outcome of this new battle with the IT giant is already taking form.
- The Multi-Principal OS Construction of the Gazelle Web Browser
- The browser war is back – expect user casualties
- Hackers Targeting IE 7 After Security Patch Issued
- Security expert says Microsoft should cut IE’s links to Windows
- Windows Mobile gets Webkit browser
- Only 7 percent of active Firefox browsers running on Macs?
- Opera Mobile 9.5 … with Google Gears
- Sync Your Camino Profile Via Dropbox
If you are that kind of person who just loves to squeeze the maximum of your browsing experience, then this topic is for you.
Have you ever thought about your time spent during certain tasks while using web browser? For example: right mouse click > save image, clicking on new tab icons, etc.
Well, wonder no more. We have a list of the most useful keyboard shortcuts which will drastically improve your browsing experience. Continue Reading