Category: Web Browsers
Despite Internet Explorer 8 launch, IE continues to lose its market share and this time fell by 0.62, from 67.44% to 66.82%.
Firefox market share trend is quite clear: up, from 21.77% to 22.05% (0.28 increase).
After previous loss, Safari managed to increase its market share by 0.21, from 8.02% to 8.23%. Continue Reading
If you would like to support your favorite web browser by voting at cNET Webware 100, feel free to do that now.
Poll includes the following browsers: Camino, Firefox, Flock, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, Lunascape, Maxthon, Opera, Safari, Skyfire and WebKit.
- 10 IE Browser Settings for Safer Surfing
- 5 ways to power up Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Crawling All Over IE 8 Bugs
- Internet Explorer 8: Why make the leap?
- eBay launches bespoke version of IE8
- Find the right Firefox add-ons
- Safari hacker talks security
- The genius behind Google’s web browser
- Opera seeks dominance in world of widgets
- Opera Still Cooking With CSS3 On the Way
Although a new version of Internet Explorer has been launched few days ago, many people are still unaware of it and keep using IE6. As a result, web developers are forced to use specific (IE only) stylesheets and hacks.
Today ComputerWorld.com has posted a complete review of the new IE8 features. For instance: tabs isolation (Chrome alike), address bar improvements, closer tabs re-opening, accelerators, web slices, new security, privacy features and much more as well as reviewer’s conclusion of browser itself.
Guys from Neowin have published a great article which overviews Silverlight 3 Beta release released earlier today.
There are some really great improvements, for instance: higher quality audio and video support (true HD), improved performance and much more.
For a complete overview, please check the following article.