Category: Web Browsers
- 10 IE Browser Settings for Safer Surfing
- 5 ways to power up Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Crawling All Over IE 8 Bugs
- Internet Explorer 8: Why make the leap?
- eBay launches bespoke version of IE8
- Find the right Firefox add-ons
- Safari hacker talks security
- The genius behind Google’s web browser
- Opera seeks dominance in world of widgets
- Opera Still Cooking With CSS3 On the Way
Although a new version of Internet Explorer has been launched few days ago, many people are still unaware of it and keep using IE6. As a result, web developers are forced to use specific (IE only) stylesheets and hacks.
Today ComputerWorld.com has posted a complete review of the new IE8 features. For instance: tabs isolation (Chrome alike), address bar improvements, closer tabs re-opening, accelerators, web slices, new security, privacy features and much more as well as reviewer’s conclusion of browser itself.
Guys from Neowin have published a great article which overviews Silverlight 3 Beta release released earlier today.
There are some really great improvements, for instance: higher quality audio and video support (true HD), improved performance and much more.
For a complete overview, please check the following article.
Safari 4 vs. Google Chrome vs. Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 vs. Firefox 3 vs. Opera 10 Alpha vs. Opera 9.6 vs. Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 vs. Internet Explorer 7
If you are getting annoyed by old and popular SunSpider benchmark results, here is a new gem for you: PeaceKeeper – The Browser Benchmark.
The following browsers were tested:
Apple Safari 4.0 beta
Firefox 3.1 beta 2
Firefox 3.1 beta 3
Google Chrome 184.108.40.206 Continue Reading
During 2008 Firefox reported 115 flaws. That’s more than Safari (32), Opera (30) and Internet Explorer (31) combined. However, Firefox fixes the issues way faster than any other company.
The research was made by Secunia. (see pdf)