Category: Web Browsers
New month and we are back to Net Applications data, so let’s begin.
Not so surprisingly, Internet Explorer continues to lose its market share and fell from 66.97% to 65.71%.
This time Firefox has gained 0.77 point of its market share and went up from 22.98% to 23.75%. Continue Reading
- Firefox 3.6 provides easier support with about:support
- Google barks back at Microsoft over Chrome Frame security
- Contest to Redesign Google (and Unofficial Google Theme Directory)
- Opera Unite Apps are coming ever closer…
- Opera urges EU exec not to rush Microsoft case
- Browser makers complain about Microsoft’s ballot-screen fix
- Camino 2 Beta 4 adds phishing protection
- Cross Browser Compatibility Testing (shareware software)
- One web, CSS3, and HTML5 (video)
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Mabdul, Nox and Trygve Lie for links.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer SSL security hole lingers
- Electrolysis Firefox builds are now available
- Firefox Windows Theme Project (Progress Report) #4
- WebGL in Firefox Nightly Builds
- Mozilla speeds Firefox development
- Can Chrome Shake Up the Browser Market?
- Browser Wars Mobile Edition: Opera Mini 5 Beta on the Blackberry Storm
- Camino 2.0 Beta 4 Released
- Maxthon Releases Version 2.5.8 of Browser
Thanks to Nox and Shane Bundy for links.
A program manager on the Internet Explorer team has joined the HTML 5 revision process and has provided feedback on behalf of Microsoft. In a message to the W3C mailing list, he revealed that Microsoft supports including the video and audio elements in the specification.
Although it works with every web browser, script author (Ben Firshman) recommends using Chrome, as it’s best suited for such tasks.
- Install Internet Explorer on Linux with IEs4Linux
- Firefox adds Flash plug-in update protection
- Google Chrome Gets FTP, Extensions Tweaks
- 6 Unique Features That Make Opera 10 Stand Out
- Security Flaw Found in Safari for Windows
- WebKit adding support for GPU-accelerated 3D via WebGL
- 14 portable web browsers for Windows
- Maxthon 2.5.7 Released
- Mozilla’s Fennec Alpha 3 For Windows Mobile Is Out
Now here is something completely different. Guys at AnandTech has decided to find out, how web browser affects battery life.
They have tested the following web browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox + AdBlock
Opera 10 Beta 3
Safari 4 Continue Reading
According to ZDNet, Microsoft is planning to demonstrate few features of the upcoming Silverlight 4 release at the International Broadcasting Conference (IBC) in Amsterdam on September 11th.
Two of new features of Silverlight 4 are: multicast support and offline digital rights management (DRM).
Stay tuned for more news.
- Ruby on Rails vulnerability affects Twitter; IE8 immune
- Microsoft extends IE 8 charity offer
- Microsoft’s ‘Ten Grand’ Competition Ends, Was Actually Pretty Clever
- Firefox upgrade will check for third party updates
- Google Chrome OS to Feature Single Sign-On for Chrome Browser
- Google Chrome Turns 1!
- Opera 10 downloads
- Opera 10 : The Missing Pieces
- SkyFire Raises $5 Million More For Rich Mobile Browser