Category: Web Browsers
About a week ago, Google has started a unique charity project that converts opened Google Chrome user tabs into various goods:
10 tabs = 1 tree planted
10 tabs = 1 book published and donated
25 tabs = 1 vaccination treatment provided
100 tabs = 1 square foot of shelter built
200 tabs = 1 person’s clean water for a year
Follows Internet Explorer.
Mozilla’s chief executive, Gary Kovacs while talking about Firefox 4 in Mountain View, California addressed user privacy issues and promised to deliver “Do Not Track” button in the first part of next year.
“The idea of ‘Do Not Track’ is interesting, but there doesn’t seem to be consensus on what ‘tracking’ really means, nor how new proposals could be implemented in a way that respects people’s current privacy controls,” said Google.
The Federal Trade Commission has also suggested adding such mechanism back in December.
It’s all about bacon.
Good news for all Opera fanboys and fangirls. With the launch of Opera 11 Final, Norwegian web browser has been already downloaded more than 6.7 million times.
A significant boost when compared to Opera’s 10 million downloads within the first week of Opera 10 release.
According to Opera Software, a survey of people downloading Opera for the very first time has shown that 53% of its respondents were using Firefox web browser while 43% used Internet Explorer.
However, no data were given about the Google Chrome or Safari newcomers.
Now here is another neat HTML5 demo.
Google Chrome 9 Beta
Firefox 4 Beta
Safari Beta (Webkit)
Or so it seems.
NSS Labs tested 5 most popular web browsers to find out, which one of them offer the best protection against malware.
Tested web browsers
Google Chrome 6.0.472.63
Windows Internet Explorer 8 (build 8.0.7600.16385)
Windows Internet Explorer 9 pre-BETA (build 9.0.7930.16402)
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10
Opera 10.62 (build 3500)
Safari 5.0.1 (7533.17.8)
Don’t forget that you will receive points for asking/answering questions and can redeem them for cool prizes.
- How many browsers do you have installed on your system?
- Have you ever tried blogging?
- Is Firefox doomed?
- How to disable automatic Opera tab stacking?
- What is your favorite feature in the current Opera 11 Beta ?
- What you think about Opera 11 beta ?
- What is your favorite Opera extension?
- Create new buttons in Opera ?
- How many of YOU are using Opera browser as default on desktop?
- Have you ever ask a site to “Open the Web” (ask it to stop block Opera or oither browsers) ?
- What is your favorite Opera feature ?
- Did you tried PaleMoon Project ?
- Should Adobe add sandboxing (protected mode) to Flash Player and Shockwave Player like they did for Adobe Reader x ?