Category: Web Browsers
Back in January of 2010, Opera Software has acquired a mobile advertising company “AdMarvel”.
Ever wondered what could possibly come out of this? Today, company has announced its plans to join mobile advertising market with its cloud-based, “Open Mobile Ad Exchange” platform.
As Opera Software co-founder Jon von Tetzchner said, “there will be ads where you’re used to seeing ads,”.
Although there are almost 70 million Opera Mini users worldwide, it’s still unclear how exactly the company will attract potential advertisers and whether or not this product becomes a huge success.
• IE9 Beta: 6 Million Downloads in Two Weeks
Following 2 million downloads milestone on September 21st, Microsoft has…
October, commonly associated with autumn. Was it any good for web browsers? What about IE9? Let’s find out!
Internet Explorer 9 release made no significant difference, as IE market share fell from 60.40% to 59.65% (0.75 point decrease).
Guys at PCWorld benchmarked Skyfire 2.0, Dolphin HD, Opera Mini, Mozilla Fennec, Android 2.1 and Android 2.2 stock mobile web browsers.
As you can see from the results above, Opera Mini and Skyfire 2.0 took the lead, followed by Android 2.2, Android 2.1, Dolphin HD and lastly, Mozilla’s Fennec (Alpha) browser.
Interestingly enough, Skyfire 2.0 beats Opera Mini when loading pages directly from the web (they both compress content), while Opera Mini performed better during cached pages load test.
Formerly known as FoxMarks, a popular bookmark synchronization service XMarks will shut down on January 10, 2011.
Apparently, over 2 million users were not enough for a company to monetize them. As stated by XMarks co-founder, premium services were also not an option, especially when such features are already available (free of charge) from both, Firefox and Google Chrome developers.
Synchronization services will
Thanks to Geek and Nox for the news tip.
Good news, everyone, Adobe has just released a preview build of 64-bit Flash Player for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.
- Video playback issues may appear on certain websites such as Hulu.com, Audi.co.uk, and nbc.com.
- Mouse interactivity in the Settings UI dialog does not work using Internet Explorer 9. Keyboard navigation works as expected. Please pardon our dust.
- Internet Explorer 9 is not yet final. As such, Adobe is continuing to work with Microsoft to resolve critical issues before the final release of Internet Explorer 9.
- This release will not receive automatic update notifications, and users will need to manually uninstall this preview before installing a standard shipping release of Flash Player
We are one step closer to 64-bit mainstream web browsers!