Category: Web Browsers
Don’t forget that you can receive points for asking/answering questions and redeem them for cool prizes.
- Web-browser battle: which are you using and why?
- Suggest some skin/theme for firefox, opera, chrome?
- Why does Opera fail to grab a good per cent of user base like IE/Firefox/Chrome?
- What was the first browser you ever used?
- Help to Disable Panel While Checking Feeds?
Wolfgang Kandek, CTO of security risk and compliance management provider Qualys, revealed that approximately 80% of web browsers are susceptible to exploits of bugs that have already been patched. Kandek attributed this mostly to Windows, saying “All the different patching mechanisms are confusing, a bit of this and some of that.”
As discovered by BrowserCheck (which scans Windows, Mac and Linux machines for vulnerable browsers along with browser plug-ins), Oracle’s Java was the most probable plug-in to be outdated for the second year in a row, comprising a total of 40% scanned systems. Adobe’s Reader and Apple’s QuickTime were second and third, taking up 32% and 25% respectively.
Proposed solutions include:
- Microsoft taking charge of patching crucial third party plug-ins via single updater.
- Moving to HTML5, so browsers would no longer require various audio and video processing plug-ins.
Hardware acceleration supported.
Thanks, RamaSubbu SK!
- Download Internet Explorer 9 RC
- Firefox 5, 6 and 7 Coming in 2011
- Firefox 5 with Windows 64 Bit Support Coming
- Download Firefox 4 Beta 11
- Firefox Ignores Font Family?
- Firefox Borrows Google’s Chrome Update Procedure
- Opera: 100 000 000 Mobile Users
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Final
- CSS Checkbox Styling Nightmare (Pic)
- HTML5: Framerate Fest
The wait is over.
Microsoft has just uploaded the RC build to company servers and download links are already floating all over the web.
Ability to filter ActiveX controls
Minor UI changes
95/100 on ACID3
After introducing the hardware acceleration feature for IE9, Microsoft wasn’t really shy to demonstrate its advantages over other web browsers.
Recently, company has launched a Framerate Fest web site, inviting web developers to create their own HTML5 demo (300×300).
There have been only few entries so far (see official site) and submissions are open until the 25th of March.
One lucky winner will receive a brand new Xbox 360 with Kinect and some merchandise.
Technical Guidelines (.pdf)
If you’ve been using Arial Narrow, Arial Black or similar fonts and they are not recognized in Firefox web browser while styling UL LI listings; here are a few ways to fix it:
- If you are not a web developer:
Tools > Options > Advanced > General Tab
Uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available”
Adobe has just released the Final build of Adobe Flash Player 10.2 that offers a couple of new features and enhancements:
Stage Video hardware acceleration
By enabling access to hardware acceleration, the following API enables better and high-performance video playback across different platforms.
Support for full screen mode with multiple monitors
Users can now play a full-screen video on one display while surfing with another.