Category: Web Browsers
- Download Internet Explorer 9 RC
- Firefox 5, 6 and 7 Coming in 2011
- Firefox 5 with Windows 64 Bit Support Coming
- Download Firefox 4 Beta 11
- Firefox Ignores Font Family?
- Firefox Borrows Google’s Chrome Update Procedure
- Opera: 100 000 000 Mobile Users
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Final
- CSS Checkbox Styling Nightmare (Pic)
- HTML5: Framerate Fest
The wait is over.
Microsoft has just uploaded the RC build to company servers and download links are already floating all over the web.
Ability to filter ActiveX controls
Minor UI changes
95/100 on ACID3
After introducing the hardware acceleration feature for IE9, Microsoft wasn’t really shy to demonstrate its advantages over other web browsers.
Recently, company has launched a Framerate Fest web site, inviting web developers to create their own HTML5 demo (300×300).
There have been only few entries so far (see official site) and submissions are open until the 25th of March.
One lucky winner will receive a brand new Xbox 360 with Kinect and some merchandise.
Technical Guidelines (.pdf)
If you’ve been using Arial Narrow, Arial Black or similar fonts and they are not recognized in Firefox web browser while styling UL LI listings; here are a few ways to fix it:
- If you are not a web developer:
Tools > Options > Advanced > General Tab
Uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available”
Adobe has just released the Final build of Adobe Flash Player 10.2 that offers a couple of new features and enhancements:
Stage Video hardware acceleration
By enabling access to hardware acceleration, the following API enables better and high-performance video playback across different platforms.
Support for full screen mode with multiple monitors
Users can now play a full-screen video on one display while surfing with another.
- January, 2011 – Google Chrome Breaks Above 10% Market Share Barrier
- IE9: 23 Million Downloads and Counting
- Microsoft Releases H.264 plug-in for Chrome
- Pwn2Own: Google to Give Away CR-48 Laptop and $20,000
- Fix Different Color in Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Chrome Issue
- Google Chrome: How to Enable/Disable Google Instant
- Google Chrome Stable Receives WebGL, Google Instant
If you see a color difference in Internet Explorer (when compared to other browsers, such as: Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.), then here your reason:
In case those are PNG images, Adobe Photoshop stores gamma data inside them which is causing image colors to differ in IE7.
How to solve it?
The 5th Pwn2Own contest is here and there are some special treats for all you exploiters.
In addition to already offered prizes by Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) (a total is $105,000), Google Inc. will also be giving away a CR-48 laptop running Google Chrome OS and $20,000 to one lucky hacker who will exploit a security hole in Google Chrome web browser.
Contestants are welcomed to hack the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
All of them will be running on a 64-bit, Windows 7 or OS X machines.
As for Opera inclusion, it’s still the same “low market share” argument.