Category: Web Browsers
- Channel Switcher Dropped From Firefox
- How To “Fix” Firefox Memory Leaks
- Download Firefox 6 Aurora
- Download Google Chrome 12 Final
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- Will It Blend? Chrome Notebook
- Apple Safari 5.1 Details
- Download Dolphin Browser HD 5.0 Final
- Nook Touch Web Browser
With Chrome OS notebooks already shipping, Firefox has also decided to join the party with the web browser based interface called Webian Shell, which is based on Mozilla Chromeless project.
As this is just an early and experimental release, the upcoming versions are set to incorporate more advanced features, such as: multiple home screens, split screen view, onscreen keyboard for touch based devices and more.
If you would like to try it out, here is a download link.
Download not required.
If you own the new Barnes & Noble Nook Touch and are up for some grayscale Internet experience, then we have some good news for you.
Turns out, the popular handheld device has an experimental web browser, which allows you to access various web pages just by typing the URL into the search bar.
Even if browsing not as smooth as the butter, it’s still a nice surprise to all the Nook users.
- May, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Opera – Down
- Internet Explorer 10 Screenshots And Video
- Google To Discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 Support
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- China Web Boycott
- Download Opera 11.50 Beta
Removes annoying ads.
After few weeks of testing, an alternative browser for Android, Dolphin Browser HD 5.0 took off its Beta tag and has been released as the 5.0.1 Final.
As you might expect, version 5.0 includes a great list of changes, including:
In the recent Windows 8 reveal video, Microsoft has also offered a sneak peak at the upcoming Internet Explorer 10 web browser.
According to Jensen Harris, director of program management at Microsoft, just like in Windows Phone 7, IE10 includes a touch optimized UI which will drastically improve user experience on the touch screen supported devices.
If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
As drama surrounding Ai Weiwei, the guy who was detained by Chinese authorities for tax evading, builds up, one of the programmers has created a web browser extension called “China Blocker”, which does exactly as described: blocks Chinese sites.
Why people are protesting? Ai Weiwei was a frequent spokesmen against the Chinese government and some people believe that this is the exact reason why Al was arrested.
China Blocker works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers and can be downloaded here.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad