After playing with Opera 11.10 for a few days I wanted to show you some of the most annoying bugs.
- Zoom Picture > Save (CTRL+Click) > Picture Scroll Feature Turns Itself On
- Payoneer.com Broken Menus
- Scroll Bar Appears in Some Text Select Fields
- Speed Dial Reloads After Restart
Since the “close button bug” is already reported, it was not included in the video.
Just like with the few previous major new builds, I believe that this release is rushed and shouldn’t have been labeled as the “Final” in the first place. But then again, maybe those things do not happen to other users and 11.10 is in fact as solid as rock.
Tiffany Brown from Opera Software was kind enough to explain pretty much all the mentioned bugs.
Speed Dial Reload bug:
I think what you’re seeing with Speed Dial has to do with changes we have made to that feature. It *appears* to reload, but doesn’t actually fetch new content unless you (or the site’s developers) have actually enabled automatic refreshing.
The issue is related to how Opera 11.10 is calculating the offset on that page. The fix is to use clientHeight if it is larger than offsetHeight. I will reach out to Payoneer’s development team. Sometimes things change between versions. Opera 11.10 reports offsetHeight correctly, but somehow the menu script on their site is not recognizing that.
Followed by the very first release of Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft has also announced the availability of the Silverlight 5 Beta.
According to the press release, Silverlight 5 aims to bring a lot of new features improvements to the table, from 64 bit operating systems support to hardware acceleration and text enhancements.
Some of the changes
I am really excited to let you know that Microsoft has learned its lesson and is already working on the next version of Internet Explorer.
In fact, you can already download IE10 Platform Preview from the following page.
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) vs. Firefox 4 vs. Google Chrome 10 vs. Opera 11 vs. Safari 5
- March, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer – Down
- Mozilla Names Slow Extensions
- Google Chrome to Receive Scrolling Tabs
- Google Chrome to Improve Security
- Google Chrome Cookies
- The Story of Opera Employee
- Download Opera 11.10 RC
- CycleBlob: WebGL Lightcycle Game
- How Would You Change FavBrowser?
- FavBrowser.com v3 Launched
- The History of Web Browsers (Picture)
- IE9 vs. Firefox 4 vs. Google Chrome 10 vs. Opera 11 vs. Safari 5
- Internet Explorer 10: Microsoft Immersive Browser
- CrashIE.com Is a Scam
- IE9 to Firefox 4 Comparisons Are Misleading
- Best Video of 2011
- How Would You Change Safari?
- Opera: Remove/Hide Blue Dots
- Opera: Show Full Address Bar and Hide Web Button
- Why Opera Is My Default Web Browser
- Hate When This Happens (Picture)
- Typical April Fools Day
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) vs. Firefox 3.6 vs. Google Chrome 10 vs. Opera 11 vs. Safari 5
- IE9 Mobile
- Why Read Licence Agreement (Picture)
- Mozilla Keeps Track With The Questions
- Mozilla Feels Remorse Over Keeping Mum About SSL Certificate Theft
- Download Firefox 4 Final
- Mozilla: We Support 10 Year Old OS
- Firefox 4: 5 Million Downloads in 24 Hours
- Download Google Chrome 11 Beta
- 6 Serious Chrome Bugs Patched By Google
- Download Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11
- Opera Mobile for Windows Mobile Discontinued