While you won’t be able to view just about any page using Flash (sites need to add this runtime first), there are still some great things left to do; for instance: playing .swf games.
If you are curious enough, here are some of the flash demos already made.
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released
If, for one reason or another, you don’t use Opera Link, here is a simple way on how you can backup your Opera Mobile 10 bookmarks (Windows phones).
Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\profile\datastorage\2\
Search for all.dat file and copy it into a safe place.
Now here is something useful for Firefox, Opera and Safari users. Unlike regular inline spell check, this tool will also seek for grammar and style mistakes.
Picture Source: FirefoxFacts.
How to Install?
Add Proofreader <– drag this link to your browser’s link bar, or right-click and add as a bookmark.
How to Use
- Click the “Add Proofreader” link on your link bar to add a Proofread button above each text box.
- Click to find spelling mistakes, misused words, and grammar errors
- Click to continue editing.
Visit tool home page.
- Why Mozilla sucks? Fosdem 2010
- Plugins Check page: A new milestone
- Firefox for Maemo RC1 available now
- After RealPlayer, Avast & AdAware to bundle Chrome browser
- Opera plans to get back on track with 10.5
- State of the Mobile Web, November 2009
- Opera: (re-)Introducing
- Download your favorite YouTube videos with Opera
- PreBrowser Palm Pre like Web Browser for Jailbroken iPhone
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, f, Ichann and Nox for links.
Now here is something for Internet Explorer users: IE Tweaker, a simple utility to fix and tweak IE web browser. As program author claims, it contains over 90 options to choose from.
Now you can quickly delete all junk files, disable/enable various menus, clear type fonts, animations, smooth scrolling and much more.
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
Here is a quick way on how you can disable Windows 7 Aero Peek for Opera 10.5 web browser.
Right click on opera.exe
Properties > Compatibility, check “Run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows Vista SP.
You can now type the following text in the address bar:
Uncheck highlighted setting.
Thanks to Rafael Luik for that!
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!