If you are not a big fan of new Google Search sidebar (which was introduced recently), here are few simple scripts for Firefox and Google Chrome users to remove it.
In addition: feel free to try Hide Google options add-on as well.
Giorgio, the author of popular NoScript add-on for Firefox has warned its users that extension usage in Ubuntu 10.04 may cause crashes.
Although recently discovered bug should be fixed in the next Ubuntu update, developer suggests running the following command in your terminal for an immediate solution:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bryceharrington/purple && apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
- Microsoft to fix further vulnerabilities in IE 8 XSS filter
- IE9 Developer Tools: Network Tab
- Firefox Customizable Tab Bar
- Screenshots of new UI concepts for Firefox 4
- refox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- Wikipedia Companion Adds Wikipedia Browser To Google Chrome
- Chrome OS to support ARM and Tegra?
- Opera shown to be the most secure browser by Symantec
- Make Opera Mini 5 the default Android browser with Opera Bridge
- Another EU browser ballot bug: now it’s not random at all
- Holistic Web Browsing: Trends Of The Future
- Video: Skyfire Alpha on Android
- Microsoft sponsors new Web font standard
- NetSurf 2.5 released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Ichann, mabdul, Nox and Oliver for links.
Here is a different approach on boosting your productivity. RescueTime is a simple Firefox and Google Chrome add-on, which tracks your actions and gives you an insight, on how much time you actually waste during your “working hours”
Here is a scoop from developer’s web site: Continue Reading
Here is a quick and painless way to disable/hide Opera menu icon:
Right click on Opera interface: Customize > Appearance > Toolbars
While Appearance window is still open, click on Opera Menu icon (it should highlight it)
Set toolbar placement to “Off”
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for this.
Here’s something useful. Extend Opera is a site, where you can download and share various modifications and additions for Opera web browser.
Tweaks are divided into the following categories:
Buttons, Bookmarklets & Macros
As of today, it has about 100 contributions and list appears to be growing.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for this.
- IE9 Will Change the Web Forever
- IE8 has blocked over 560 million malware sites: how many were legit?
- Firefox.next Alpha 4 is both: performance and looks
- Multi-process Firefox Lorentz beta now available for download
- Mozilla Hackability: Firefox Nintendo Wiimote driver
- Destroy The Web (add-on)
- Optimized Firefox: Pale Moon
- Simplifying Web Browsing? Google Chrome Drops URL Prefix
- Google to Open-source VP8 for HTML5 Video
- Comodo Dragon: A Chromium Browser With Extra Armor
- Opera Mini 5 Settings
- How WebKit Loads a Web Page
- Adobe CEO: Flash coming to Android, WebOS and BlackBerry ‘smartphones and tablets’ in 2H 2010
- Important Java plugin update now available
- Funny fact about browser randomization
- HTML5 audio visualizations
- More Web Inspector Updates
Thanks to Blake Sening, mabdul, Nox and Rohan Gharia for links.
- Microsoft Winning Fans Early with Internet Explorer 9 Preview
- Windows Phone 7 browser is based on Internet Explorer 7
- IE8, iPhone will fall first day of hacking contest, predicts organizer
- Firefox 3.0 reaching end of the line
- Clear Firefox’s History for a Single Site
- Chrome Tip: Always restoring tabs
- Google Launches 3D Graphics Driver Project for Chrome
- Opera expands widget offering to all mobile phones
- Opera’s AdMarvel Partners With PointRoll For iPad Advertising Platform
- Analyst Uncovers 20 Security-related Flaws in Safari
- Amazon’s Kindle may get a proper web browser
- Next-gen Web TV apps focus on the browser
- Camino 1.6.11 Released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for links.
- Microsoft to Double Down on HTML5 With Internet Explorer 9
- That wasn’t supposed to happen: IE usage share steady since choice screen
- Exploit for new IE hole
- Microsoft seeks browser comeback with IE 9
- Study lauds IE for blocking Web’s social attacks
- What enterprise still uses IE 6? Try Intel
- Presenting: Direct2D Hardware Acceleration In Firefox Nightlies
- Firefox previews new feature to protect against Flash crashes
- 10 Firefox Add-ons to Beautify Your Browser
- Firefox may never hit 25 percent market share
- Google Chrome Rolls Out Translate Feature
- Google to strip unique client ID from future Google Chrome installs
- World Bank designs game to be compatible with Opera Mini
- Opera says bug probably can’t commandeer machines
- Opera Mini 5 solves some of Android’s native browser problems
- Opera Mini 5 Beta Announced as Native WinMo App
- Apple rushes out Safari patch. Hoping not to lose Pwn2Own contest
- Flash Player: CPU Hog or Hot Tamale? It Depends
- Cross Browser CSS Transforms – even in IE
- Does Your Browser Behave?
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Dels, mabdul, nobody and Nox for links.