Here is a quick and painless way to disable/hide Opera menu icon:
Right click on Opera interface: Customize > Appearance > Toolbars
While Appearance window is still open, click on Opera Menu icon (it should highlight it)
Set toolbar placement to “Off”
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for this.
Here’s something useful. Extend Opera is a site, where you can download and share various modifications and additions for Opera web browser.
Tweaks are divided into the following categories:
Buttons, Bookmarklets & Macros
As of today, it has about 100 contributions and list appears to be growing.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for this.
- IE9 Will Change the Web Forever
- IE8 has blocked over 560 million malware sites: how many were legit?
- Firefox.next Alpha 4 is both: performance and looks
- Multi-process Firefox Lorentz beta now available for download
- Mozilla Hackability: Firefox Nintendo Wiimote driver
- Destroy The Web (add-on)
- Optimized Firefox: Pale Moon
- Simplifying Web Browsing? Google Chrome Drops URL Prefix
- Google to Open-source VP8 for HTML5 Video
- Comodo Dragon: A Chromium Browser With Extra Armor
- Opera Mini 5 Settings
- How WebKit Loads a Web Page
- Adobe CEO: Flash coming to Android, WebOS and BlackBerry ‘smartphones and tablets’ in 2H 2010
- Important Java plugin update now available
- Funny fact about browser randomization
- HTML5 audio visualizations
- More Web Inspector Updates
Thanks to Blake Sening, mabdul, Nox and Rohan Gharia for links.
- Microsoft Winning Fans Early with Internet Explorer 9 Preview
- Windows Phone 7 browser is based on Internet Explorer 7
- IE8, iPhone will fall first day of hacking contest, predicts organizer
- Firefox 3.0 reaching end of the line
- Clear Firefox’s History for a Single Site
- Chrome Tip: Always restoring tabs
- Google Launches 3D Graphics Driver Project for Chrome
- Opera expands widget offering to all mobile phones
- Opera’s AdMarvel Partners With PointRoll For iPad Advertising Platform
- Analyst Uncovers 20 Security-related Flaws in Safari
- Amazon’s Kindle may get a proper web browser
- Next-gen Web TV apps focus on the browser
- Camino 1.6.11 Released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for links.
- Microsoft to Double Down on HTML5 With Internet Explorer 9
- That wasn’t supposed to happen: IE usage share steady since choice screen
- Exploit for new IE hole
- Microsoft seeks browser comeback with IE 9
- Study lauds IE for blocking Web’s social attacks
- What enterprise still uses IE 6? Try Intel
- Presenting: Direct2D Hardware Acceleration In Firefox Nightlies
- Firefox previews new feature to protect against Flash crashes
- 10 Firefox Add-ons to Beautify Your Browser
- Firefox may never hit 25 percent market share
- Google Chrome Rolls Out Translate Feature
- Google to strip unique client ID from future Google Chrome installs
- World Bank designs game to be compatible with Opera Mini
- Opera says bug probably can’t commandeer machines
- Opera Mini 5 solves some of Android’s native browser problems
- Opera Mini 5 Beta Announced as Native WinMo App
- Apple rushes out Safari patch. Hoping not to lose Pwn2Own contest
- Flash Player: CPU Hog or Hot Tamale? It Depends
- Cross Browser CSS Transforms – even in IE
- Does Your Browser Behave?
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Dels, mabdul, nobody and Nox for links.
- Europeans Get a Taste of the Browser Choice Screen
- Firefox 3.5.8 and 3.0.18 security updates now available
- Firefox for Android coming ‘late this year’
- Setup Reminders in Firefox
- Vote for your favorite Concepts in the Home Tab Design Challenge
- 4 FireFox Addons to Give You Website Statistics at a Glance
- Mozilla admits to add-on malware false alarm
- Google Officially Deadpools Gears For Safari. Puts It On Death Watch For Firefox And IE
- Improve YouTube Video Viewing in Google Chrome
- Google fixes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- The Opera Widgets Code-to-win Challenge
- MWC: Hands-on video with the Opera Mobile browser for Android
- BBC want your browser ballot views
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, mabdul and Nox for links.
- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
- FBI’s Most Wanted: Your Browsing Activity
- The iPhone is the new Internet Explorer 6, says mobile developer
- IE8 is now the world’s top browser, says NetApps, as XP falls
- Mozilla to remove legacy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger code in Firefox
- Fake Firefox Update Pages Push Adware
- Firefox 3.6 tips and tweaks
- Accelerate Firefox 3.6 page scrolling
- Google Translate Integrated In Google Chrome 5
- Google Might Advertise Chrome, Nexus One or Google Apps at Super Bowl
- Finally! “Find in Page” Comes to Mobile Safari
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- Bolt Browser gets Updated to Version 1.6 – Brings New Features
Thanks to Demir, mabdul and Sebastian for links.
Instead of opening new tabs in far right (right after the last tab), Firefox 3.6 uses bit different approach, which might not be appreciated by some of the users.
If you would like to change this behavior, here is a quick to follow tutorial:
Enter about:config in the address bar
Right-click on it and select “Toggle”
That’s it. Enjoy.