If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
As drama surrounding Ai Weiwei, the guy who was detained by Chinese authorities for tax evading, builds up, one of the programmers has created a web browser extension called “China Blocker”, which does exactly as described: blocks Chinese sites.
Why people are protesting? Ai Weiwei was a frequent spokesmen against the Chinese government and some people believe that this is the exact reason why Al was arrested.
China Blocker works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers and can be downloaded here.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
According to TNW, Internet Explorer is the only modern web browser (Opera was not tested due to temporary issue with the test page) that is not affected by the recently found memory leak.
Once the site is back online, users can reproduce the bug by following these steps:
Earlier this year, RAGE, the upcoming 3rd person shooter from the id Software (set for September release) has received an iOS version of the game.
- Firefox about:config Preferences Explained
- Firefox 4 Market Share Increases 30% After Upgrade Offer
- Chrome Hack Denied By Google Engineers
- Google’s Chrome Sandbox Hacked
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 Beta Brings Fancy Features
- Google Chrome: 160 Million Active Users And Growing
- Google’s Dear Sophie: You Are Doing It Wrong
- Chrome Web Store, Now Available Worldwide
- How to Unlock All Google Chrome Angry Birds Levels
- Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector / Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera To Fix Default Installation Behavior
- Opera Software Q1 2011 Financial Results
- Opera: Enable New Google Image Search Interface
- Web Browsers: iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Samsung Focus
- Wikitude: 3D Augmented Reality Browser
- WebGL: Play Angry Birds For Free
- WebGL Awesomeness: 3 Dreams Of Black
- LastPass May Have Been Hacked
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Final
Works with all web browsers.
Not interested in going through all Angry Birds levels, one by one? Worry no more; there is a solution for that.
To unlock all levels, type the following code in the address bar
The final version of Adobe Flash Player 10.3 has been just released for both desktop computers and mobile devices.
Acoustic echo cancellation
Simplified local storage management
Auto-update notification for Mac OS
Local settings manager
For a detailed list of changes, see the following page.