Opera is a supporter of WebRTC as well.
Following Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype, it looks like the search giant has video chat plans of its own.
Turns out, Google is integrating its WebRTC software into the Google Chrome web browser, which will allow users to talk in real-time without having to install Skype or similar chat clients.
MHTML (MIME HTML), a web page archive format introduced with Internet Explorer 5 and used to combine various images, animations along with the source code into a single (.mht) file, will be supported by the upcoming Google Chrome 14 release.
In fact, as of June 13th, Canary Chrome and WebKit builds already include such feature.
According to Wikipedia, MHTML file format is already supported by a few web browsers, including:
- Microsoft Labels WebGL A Fundamental, Unacceptable Security Risk
- Dangerous WebGL Flaws Haunt Chrome and Firefox
- Google Chrome Stable, Beta Channel Updates
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Offline Google Docs starts playing peek-a-boo
- Google bypasses admin controls with latest Chrome IE
- Chrome OS Beta Channel Update
- Apple iPad Safari users must pay to read New York Post
- Opera Allows Bookmark Sync With Windows Phone 7
- Facebook Is Taking A Special Interest In RockMelt’s Social Browser
- Deep Shot transfers open websites from desktop to mobile, sans wizardry
- Windows SkyDrive Says Sayonara To Silverlight, Embraces HTML5
The upcoming Mac OS X release from Apple is set to have a browser only mode, similar to one found in Chrome OS.
According to MacRumors, Lion lock screen includes an option to “Restart to Safari”, which basically just boots an operating system with the web browser only.
Furthermore, thanks to the new auto save feature, users can continue where they left after OS is switched back to the default mode.
Mac OS X Lion is set for July release and should be available in the Mac App Store for $29.99.
- Channel Switcher Dropped From Firefox
- How To “Fix” Firefox Memory Leaks
- Download Firefox 6 Aurora
- Download Google Chrome 12 Final
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- Will It Blend? Chrome Notebook
- Apple Safari 5.1 Details
- Download Dolphin Browser HD 5.0 Final
- Nook Touch Web Browser
According to various reports, Apple has released a developer preview build of its upcoming, Safari 5.1 web browser.
Weighting a total of 45.3 MB, Safari 5.1 includes a variety of new features and improvements for both Windows and Mac OS X users.
The following release improves graphics performance on Windows, brings media caching for video and audio web apps, separates browser’s rendering process from its application process, which improves overall browser responsiveness and stability.
- May, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Opera – Down
- Internet Explorer 10 Screenshots And Video
- Google To Discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 Support
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- China Web Boycott
- Download Opera 11.50 Beta
If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
As drama surrounding Ai Weiwei, the guy who was detained by Chinese authorities for tax evading, builds up, one of the programmers has created a web browser extension called “China Blocker”, which does exactly as described: blocks Chinese sites.
Why people are protesting? Ai Weiwei was a frequent spokesmen against the Chinese government and some people believe that this is the exact reason why Al was arrested.
China Blocker works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers and can be downloaded here.