Asa Dotzler, the Director of Community Development at Mozilla Corp. has raised a fair question:
Why do I have these plug-ins in Firefox? I don’t think I ever asked for any of them
There are quite a few plug-ins that make little to no sense, for example:
Why would Firefox ever need a Google or RockMelt Update? Furthermore, why is it okay to install all this malware for the big guys like Apple or Google?
P.S. They are enabled by default.
- Is Flock better than Firefox or Google Chrome?
- What’s your favorite Firefox theme?
- Google Chrome password manager?
- How to make Opera Extension buttons visible?
- How to find which Firefox, Chrome or other browser tab are playing flash or audio?
- Is it possible to use Silverlight in Ubuntu using Opera?
- Which browser do you think is better and easy-to-use?
- Do you think we can get purdi on here?
- How do I create Favicons?
- What is the first tabbed browser that you used?
- What is the current state of 3D in (upcoming) browsers?
- I tried firefox 4 and it crashed on installing and on starting. Any solutions?
- Why on earth was Safari introduced for Windows!! ?
- Silverlight for Opera?
- How to uninstall Interent Explorer on Windows 7?
- How to open all links in new window automatically in Firefox?
- How to update Google Chrome?
- Which Browser Will Dominate In Market Share Within The Next 6 Months?
- How to remove border links around images in web browsre?
After a couple of requests, I have finally decided to launch a page that is ask.favbrowser.com
What is it all about?
Essentially, it is a web browser questions and answers site. Therefore, as the content starts kicking in, ask.favbrowser.com will serve as a good knowledge base for web browser related issues.
Also, you can earn points for asking and answering questions.
Can you redeem points for any cool prizes?
Not yet, but stay tunned, there will certainly be a couple of them in the near future.
Visit web browser questions and answers page.
Thought I will start something like that long time ago. If you have any trouble using your web browser, feel free to contact me using contact form. I probably will be able to help you. Here are some questions which I received long time ago, answered but never published. Glad that I don’t delete “sent emails” very often :-) Some were really easy to answer, for the few others had to make a little research (had to rewrite few questions before publishing as well). Continue Reading
I am just curious, why do you use Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Opera, Safari, Netscape or any other web browser?
When you are using one or other browser? Do you use only one or more?
Send me an email to questionsATfavbrowser.com or just leave a comment in this web site with your answers. I will post some of them here so we could get main view why one or other browser is being used.