- IE6 and IE7 vulnerable to latest flaw; IE8 immune
- IE bug leaks private details from 50 million PDF files
- Firefox’s Plan to Kick the Login’s Butt
- Alex Faaborg’s Identity Mockup
- 10 Firefox Extensions Google Chrome Should Have Too
- Opera 10.10 closes “extremely severe” hole
- Almost 40 million people used Opera Mini last month
- Safari on iPhone gets competition from a $1 browser app
- OneWeb demonstrates the power of XMPP inside the browser
- Maxthon 2.5.10 Supports Multi-touch and other Windows 7 features
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
Now that’s a pleasant surprise. Today, Opera Software has released first alpha build of Opera 10.20 web browser.
While 10.10 focused on Opera Unite, this version aims to improve Opera Widgets, as one of its new features allows running them beyond the web browser. As for now, they have not yet added any “non-wdiget” features.
For some more details and download links, please visit the following page.
- IE8 bug makes ‘safe’ sites unsafe
- MS discovers flaw in Google plug-in for IE
- Microsoft Windows chief decries standards grandstanding
- Firefox 3.6 locks down component directory – Update
- Security vulnerabilities in add-ons imperil Firefox users
- Google set to promote Chrome extensions
- Opera widgets without Opera…
- WebKit nightlies support HTML5 noreferrer link relation
- Camino 2 adds tab overview, phishing and malware protection
- Update on Camino 2 crashes
Thanks to Nox and mabdul for links.
Today, Opera Software has released a final version of Opera 10.10 desktop web browser.
Users can now enjoy Opera Unite, as it has the following applications already pre-installed:
Opera Unite Home
Also, according to Opera, it includes security and stability enhancements as well.
Oslo, Norway, November 20, 2009. Opera Software ASA and Google Inc. have entered into a new agreement to integrate Google as the default search partner for the Opera mobile browsers (Opera Mobile & Opera Mini). This agreement replaces the agreement entered into on 27.02.2008 and is effective through October 30, 2011 and may be extended by Opera through October 30, 2012.
Oslo, Norway, November 20, 2009 – Opera Software ASA and Google Inc.
have renewed their current agreement to integrate Google as the default search partner for the Opera desktop and mobile browser. The agreement is effective through March 31, 2012 and Opera will continue to include Google search as a part of its user interface.
Few weeks after the Opera Mobile 10 Beta for Symbian availability, here comes Opera Mobile 10 for Windows Mobile.
This release now includes a sexy browser UI from Opera Mini 5, with all the great features: new speed dial, visual tabs, etc. Also, it offers various performance, usability improvements, better touch screen navigation and more.
For download links and other details, visit the following page.
A new RC build of Opera 10.10 has been released earlier today. This build addresses some Opera Unite issues and systray fix for Linux users.
No official changelog yet.
- Jetpack 0.6 dishes up two major APIs for Firefox add-on coders
- Yes, A Beta Version Of Chrome For Mac Is Just Weeks Away
- Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 phones, updated version available
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.14.938
- WebGL Musical Solar System
- Statistics: The world stands on its head
- The future of games is in your web browser
- Mastering Lynx (Open Source Text Browser) for Search Engine Optimization
Thanks to Nox for links.
Today, Opera Software has revealed their Q3 2009 financial results.
Decline in revenue
• Total revenue down vs 3Q08 due to lower shipments and NRE
More than 75% of revenue from licenses
• 10 new customers since 3Q08
Opera Desktop: Continue Reading
Today, on Friday 13th, Opera Software has released RC build of Opera 10.10.
As far as new features go, Opera Unite is the only one, so far.
While waiting for official RC changelog, feel free to see some of the changes in the following post.