Good news, Opera Software has finished Opera Mini for the iPhone and submitted it to Apple’s App Store.
What happens next? We sit and wait. While doing just that, you can try guessing approximate application approval date and win an iPhone!
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Ichann and Justas Gervinskas for the news tip.
- Microsoft Winning Fans Early with Internet Explorer 9 Preview
- Windows Phone 7 browser is based on Internet Explorer 7
- IE8, iPhone will fall first day of hacking contest, predicts organizer
- Firefox 3.0 reaching end of the line
- Clear Firefox’s History for a Single Site
- Chrome Tip: Always restoring tabs
- Google Launches 3D Graphics Driver Project for Chrome
- Opera expands widget offering to all mobile phones
- Opera’s AdMarvel Partners With PointRoll For iPad Advertising Platform
- Analyst Uncovers 20 Security-related Flaws in Safari
- Amazon’s Kindle may get a proper web browser
- Next-gen Web TV apps focus on the browser
- Camino 1.6.11 Released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for links.
When it comes to minor upgrades, you usually expect bug fixes and minor performance improvements. Well, this time it’s different.
With the release of Opera 10.51, company managed to increase its browser performance by up to 27% (according to Peacekeeper benchmark results). Furthermore, fixed a lot of bugs and made other improvements. Just like in earlier release announcements, this version is available for Windows users only.
Thanks to effzee and Daniel Hendrycks for the news tip.
According to Opera Software, more than a half of web browser downloads from Europe is a direct result of Ballot Screen launch.
This confirms that when users are given a real choice on how they choose the most important piece of software on their computer, the browser, they will try out alternatives,” said Håkon Wium Lie, CTO of Opera Software.
Company has also shared the following statistics: Continue Reading
Opera Software has just released the final versions of Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10 web browsers.
Both builds have gone through a lot of changes since previous release; received a major make over and new features, such as: wands, tabbed browsing, download manager and Opera link.
As for Opera Mini, team recommends running it on devices with a 320 x 240 or higher display resolution.
Key new features: Continue Reading
- Microsoft to Double Down on HTML5 With Internet Explorer 9
- That wasn’t supposed to happen: IE usage share steady since choice screen
- Exploit for new IE hole
- Microsoft seeks browser comeback with IE 9
- Study lauds IE for blocking Web’s social attacks
- What enterprise still uses IE 6? Try Intel
- Presenting: Direct2D Hardware Acceleration In Firefox Nightlies
- Firefox previews new feature to protect against Flash crashes
- 10 Firefox Add-ons to Beautify Your Browser
- Firefox may never hit 25 percent market share
- Google Chrome Rolls Out Translate Feature
- Google to strip unique client ID from future Google Chrome installs
- World Bank designs game to be compatible with Opera Mini
- Opera says bug probably can’t commandeer machines
- Opera Mini 5 solves some of Android’s native browser problems
- Opera Mini 5 Beta Announced as Native WinMo App
- Apple rushes out Safari patch. Hoping not to lose Pwn2Own contest
- Flash Player: CPU Hog or Hot Tamale? It Depends
- Cross Browser CSS Transforms – even in IE
- Does Your Browser Behave?
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Dels, mabdul, nobody and Nox for links.
Time to check February browser market share results.
Internet Explorer continues its downfall saga; as market share fell from 62.12% to 61.58% (0.54 points decrease).
For a fourth month in a row, Firefox is losing its market share as well. This time it has decreased by 0.2 points, moving down from 24.43% to 24.23%.
Another month, another gain for Chrome. In February, this browser market share increased by 0.39 points, as it went up from 5.22% to 5.61%. Continue Reading
Today Opera Software has released the very first beta of Opera Mini 5 web browser for Android platform.
Just like all the latest Opera Mobile/Mini versions, it is packed with fresh user interface that includes speed dial. Some of the other great features are: password manager and data synch (Opera Link).
You may download it via Opera.com as well as Android market.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for news tip.