It’s the 1st of March already, so let’s dive into February market share data.
With the release of Internet Explorer 9 RC, Microsoft has taken some share back, up from 56.00% to 56.77% (0.77 point increase).
While everyone awaits the final version of Firefox 4, an open source web browser continues the downtrend, from 22.75% to 21.74% (1.01 point decrease).
Now here is something for Opera users to play with, as Norwegian browser maker has recently released a public build of Opera that finally supports hardware acceleration.
Although it’s just a preview (not intended for daily use) and available for Windows users only, company promises that their standards based canvas implementation will also work with Linux or Mac OS X operating systems. Now isn’t that nice?
How is that possible?
- Download Firefox 4 Beta 12
- Big Change Coming to Google Chrome
- CTRL+F in Google Chrome Is Awesome
- Opera 11.10 Upgrades Speed Dial
- Opera Software Q4 2010 Financial Results
- How Would You Change Opera?
- Firefox 4 Final for Android Coming Soon
- Interview with Jon Von Tetzchner
- Web Inspector, Now with CSS Tracking
- Disqus Is Back
Opera Software has just confirmed that one of the enhanced features in the upcoming Opera 11.10 release will be a new Speed Dial which layout is now called “Speed Dial Flow”.
As a result, a new snapshot reveals the very first piece of all upcoming changes that are yet to come (see screenshot above).
Please note that this is not a final speed dial version.
Our guess is: Google Chrome like (“Most Visited sites”) behavior.
In addition to that, there will be some subtle animations and messages to remind new Opera users about all the features available in Opera web browser.
If you would like to try a new build (pre-alpha), please visit the following page.
- IE9 RC: 2 Million Downloads
- Majority Of Web Browsers Are Unpatched
- Director of Firefox Leaves Mozilla
- Firefox 5 First Look
- Firefox 4 RC1 Coming Next Week
- Taking a Look at the New Google Chrome 10 Beta
- Gmail Now Uses Chrome’s Built-In Viewer To Open PDFs
- Introducing Google Chrome Web Search Blocklist Extension
- Download Opera 11.10
- Opera 11.10 Coming
- Windows Phone Internet Explorer 9 Mobile vs. Safari
- Opera Mini for iPad
Don’t forget that you can receive points for asking/answering questions and redeem them for cool prizes.
- Web-browser battle: which are you using and why?
- Suggest some skin/theme for firefox, opera, chrome?
- Why does Opera fail to grab a good per cent of user base like IE/Firefox/Chrome?
- What was the first browser you ever used?
- Help to Disable Panel While Checking Feeds?