Category: Opera Software
Refresh the page and timer restarts.
With the launch of Opera 11.50, curious users can now track Opera downloads “live”.
However, don’t get too excited as this is not an actual live tracker. Instead, it’s just a script to trick you into believing that this counter is tracking something. Like:
var spot = 350736,rate = 8. Obviously, Opera Software did not say anything other than:
This record was beaten as part of our counter to measure the amount of Opera 11.50 downloads.
So here you have it folks, no live tracking, welcome to the age of false marketing.
Oh boy, here we go.
Opera founder, Jon S. von Tetzchner, has sent a message to Opera employees, announcing his departure from the company.
According to the email, the Board and Management no longer share the same values and opinions as Jon and therefore, he resigns.
According to Opera, Google Instant, a search enhancement in the Google search engine that offers faster searches, smarter predictions, and instant results, now works in Opera as well. No tricks such as masking are required to make it work as was previously the case.
To test it, simply go to Google and begin searching. Opera asks any users who were masking as Firefox to remove the masking so as to attain as much feedback as possible on this new implementation.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
- Firefox about:config Preferences Explained
- Firefox 4 Market Share Increases 30% After Upgrade Offer
- Chrome Hack Denied By Google Engineers
- Google’s Chrome Sandbox Hacked
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 Beta Brings Fancy Features
- Google Chrome: 160 Million Active Users And Growing
- Google’s Dear Sophie: You Are Doing It Wrong
- Chrome Web Store, Now Available Worldwide
- How to Unlock All Google Chrome Angry Birds Levels
- Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector / Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera To Fix Default Installation Behavior
- Opera Software Q1 2011 Financial Results
- Opera: Enable New Google Image Search Interface
- Web Browsers: iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Samsung Focus
- Wikitude: 3D Augmented Reality Browser
- WebGL: Play Angry Birds For Free
- WebGL Awesomeness: 3 Dreams Of Black
- LastPass May Have Been Hacked
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Final
Today Opera Software has released their financial results for Q1 2011 which include the following:
1Q 2011 Financial highlights
Total revenue (MNOK): 207.3 (1Q11) vs. 151.4 (1Q10)
Profitability, earnings before interest and taxes (MNOK): 41.4 (1Q11) vs 5.4 (1Q10)
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
- Microsoft Starts Bug Warnings For Third Parties
- Mozilla Introduces New Channel Structure for Firefox
- Google Chrome Theme for Firefox 4
- Google Chrome Has 120 Million Users
- Chrome Called Out By FTC Over Do Not Track
- Opera: Disable Auto Image Fit to Screen / Pictures Resizing
- Safari to Receive Do Not Track Feature
- Maxthon Theme for Firefox 4
- Block Visitors That Block Ads?