Category: Opera Software
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
- Firefox about:config Preferences Explained
- Firefox 4 Market Share Increases 30% After Upgrade Offer
- Chrome Hack Denied By Google Engineers
- Google’s Chrome Sandbox Hacked
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 Beta Brings Fancy Features
- Google Chrome: 160 Million Active Users And Growing
- Google’s Dear Sophie: You Are Doing It Wrong
- Chrome Web Store, Now Available Worldwide
- How to Unlock All Google Chrome Angry Birds Levels
- Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector / Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera To Fix Default Installation Behavior
- Opera Software Q1 2011 Financial Results
- Opera: Enable New Google Image Search Interface
- Web Browsers: iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Samsung Focus
- Wikitude: 3D Augmented Reality Browser
- WebGL: Play Angry Birds For Free
- WebGL Awesomeness: 3 Dreams Of Black
- LastPass May Have Been Hacked
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Final
Today Opera Software has released their financial results for Q1 2011 which include the following:
1Q 2011 Financial highlights
Total revenue (MNOK): 207.3 (1Q11) vs. 151.4 (1Q10)
Profitability, earnings before interest and taxes (MNOK): 41.4 (1Q11) vs 5.4 (1Q10)
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
- Microsoft Starts Bug Warnings For Third Parties
- Mozilla Introduces New Channel Structure for Firefox
- Google Chrome Theme for Firefox 4
- Google Chrome Has 120 Million Users
- Chrome Called Out By FTC Over Do Not Track
- Opera: Disable Auto Image Fit to Screen / Pictures Resizing
- Safari to Receive Do Not Track Feature
- Maxthon Theme for Firefox 4
- Block Visitors That Block Ads?
- Google Chrome Has 120 Million Users
- Opera 11.10 Final Bugs
- Mozilla and Opera Mock Microsofts Native HTML5 Claims
- Download Silverlight 5 Beta
- IE10 and Windows Vista? Forget It
- Dear Opera, How Do I Open This Tab?
- Firefox 5 Tweaks Tab Close and Auto Resize
- RockMelt Beta 2 Out Now
- Flock Is Dead
- Download Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 1
- Download Opera 11.10 Final
- Opera: Show Full Site Thumbnails (Old Speed Dial)
- Opera Turbocharges Opera Turbo
- Do You Like Us On Facebook Yet?
- Firefox 5 Supposedly Coming Out On the 21st of June
- The European Commission, Browser Choice, and Fair Play
It looks like not everyone is digging the native HTML5 marketing claims from the software giant.
With the launch of Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 1, Microsoft had to say the following:
Web sites and HTML5 run best when they run natively, on a browser optimized for the operating system on your device. We built IE9 from the ground up for HTML5 and for Windows to deliver the most native HTML5 experience and the best Web experience on Windows. The only native experience of the Web of HTML5 today is on Windows 7 with IE9.
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) vs. Firefox 4 vs. Google Chrome 10 vs. Opera 11 vs. Safari 5
- March, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer – Down
- Mozilla Names Slow Extensions
- Google Chrome to Receive Scrolling Tabs
- Google Chrome to Improve Security
- Google Chrome Cookies
- The Story of Opera Employee
- Download Opera 11.10 RC
- CycleBlob: WebGL Lightcycle Game
- How Would You Change FavBrowser?
- FavBrowser.com v3 Launched
Now here is something for the cheerleaders.
Web site compression technology, Opera Turbo, has just received a significant upgrade which will certainly improve your browsing experience.
Thanks to WebP compression, JPEG images not only do look better now but also take less time to load (see picture above).
If you are up for some reading, then here is something to check out.
Lawrence Eng, the former employee of Opera Software, has shared his story on what it was like to work for the company whose products are used by millions of people worldwide and how challenging can it be to actually create such software when each individual is different.