Category: Opera Software
- Internet Explorer 9: The Best Browser for Your Business
- HTML5 Drag and Drop in IE10 PPB2
- Mozilla fires up mobile OS for smartphones, web
- Update: Google Chrome cupcake is gone, along with multiple profiles
- Chromebook security: browsing more securely
- Chrome Gets OS X Lion Two-Finger Gestures. They’re Backwards
- Beta Channel Update for Chromebooks
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Network latency improvements, Microdata and QRESYNC
- IndiaGames Partners Opera Mini Browser For Mobile Gaming
- Facebook Will Bring Credits To Mobile Browsers
- There’s a web browser hiding inside the iriver Story HD, but it’s pretty shy
[Thanks, RamaSubbu SK, Shane Bundy]
Facebook unveiled its new video calling feature this week right after Google+ came out and boasted with Hangouts (video chats with up to ten people). Unfortunately, Opera is not supported by Facebook for this feature at present. An Opera employee had the following to say about the matter:
The reason for Facebook’s block seems to be a problem with our version of Opera on OS X. Facebook’s plug-in installs itself as FacebookVideoCalling.webplugin on Mac, but our browser only recognises plug-ins with a .plugin extension. This causes their plug-in detection scripts to think the installation failed, triggering a renewed installation process. Our fearless engineers are working to fix this issue in Opera code as soon as possible, and we’re also in talks with Facebook to find a quick resolution to the problem. - Patrick H. Lauke, Web Evangelist in the Developer Relations Team at Opera
Refresh the page and timer restarts.
With the launch of Opera 11.50, curious users can now track Opera downloads “live”.
However, don’t get too excited as this is not an actual live tracker. Instead, it’s just a script to trick you into believing that this counter is tracking something. Like:
var spot = 350736,rate = 8. Obviously, Opera Software did not say anything other than:
This record was beaten as part of our counter to measure the amount of Opera 11.50 downloads.
So here you have it folks, no live tracking, welcome to the age of false marketing.
Oh boy, here we go.
Opera founder, Jon S. von Tetzchner, has sent a message to Opera employees, announcing his departure from the company.
According to the email, the Board and Management no longer share the same values and opinions as Jon and therefore, he resigns.
According to Opera, Google Instant, a search enhancement in the Google search engine that offers faster searches, smarter predictions, and instant results, now works in Opera as well. No tricks such as masking are required to make it work as was previously the case.
To test it, simply go to Google and begin searching. Opera asks any users who were masking as Firefox to remove the masking so as to attain as much feedback as possible on this new implementation.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
- Firefox about:config Preferences Explained
- Firefox 4 Market Share Increases 30% After Upgrade Offer
- Chrome Hack Denied By Google Engineers
- Google’s Chrome Sandbox Hacked
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 Beta Brings Fancy Features
- Google Chrome: 160 Million Active Users And Growing
- Google’s Dear Sophie: You Are Doing It Wrong
- Chrome Web Store, Now Available Worldwide
- How to Unlock All Google Chrome Angry Birds Levels
- Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector / Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera To Fix Default Installation Behavior
- Opera Software Q1 2011 Financial Results
- Opera: Enable New Google Image Search Interface
- Web Browsers: iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Samsung Focus
- Wikitude: 3D Augmented Reality Browser
- WebGL: Play Angry Birds For Free
- WebGL Awesomeness: 3 Dreams Of Black
- LastPass May Have Been Hacked
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Final