Category: Opera Software
Here’s what I have received, after clicking on a link from RSS feed.
As you can see, some countries are being blocked from accessing certain pages OR could be just a temporary issue/bug.
EDIT: Upon closer investigation, it appears that instead of regular link, it lead to a Chinese Opera site, which caused this issue.
Guys from SecureThoughts.com decided to do a research on Opera Unite security and share some insights.
1. Enumerating Service Owner Usernames
Use: site:operaunite.com search query in search engine to build a list.
2. Enumerating Computer names for a particular Service Owner
“If you visit the service homepage with any non-existent computer name, then Opera Unite happily discloses all computer names used by that person.” Continue Reading
Opera will be giving away gift certificates every week (with the value of a Nintendo Wii or mobile phone) for the best Opera Unite application developer.
Prizes will be given away every Monday and deadline is Friday morning, 10 AM CET.
“The numbers tell us that Opera Turbo solves critical bandwidth issues. People everywhere experience either slow, congested networks or must pay as they go for Web access. It is an issue that affects everyone, from the business traveler to the Internet café user. Opera Turbo has become universally useful,” said Opera’s CEO, Jon von Tetzchner.
- Majority of businesses will adopt Internet Explorer 8+
- Silent Install Firefox Plugin Backfires on Microsoft
- Apple gets best spot in EU browser ‘ballot screen,’ Mozilla says
- Mozilla blocklists “Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant” extension
- Leaked ‘Google Chrome OS’ Is Just the Browser
- Opera Desktop Widgets evolved
- Opera Talks: David Storey (SVG, HTML5 and Opera)
- CSS Differences in Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- SeaMonkey 2.0 Release Candidate 1 Released
Thanks to Andrew, Daniel Hendrycks, Gabana and Nox for links!
- IE 6 for Windows phones: Interface improved
- Mozilla Weave 0.7 Released
- Mozilla ‘Plugin Check’ keeps Firefox add-ons secure
- Google Chrome Is Exceeding Internal Benchmarks for Adoption
- Forged PayPal certificate fools IE, Chrome and Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.13.756
- Opera CEO says market trends to boost firm
- Personal Web Systems Lands $1.2 Million for TV Web Browser
Thanks to mabdul for links.
Microsoft and European Commission have finally come to an agreement on a new ballot screen with a total of 12 web browsers. Updated version includes a couple of changes and treaty for as long as 5 years. Testers will be able to test new screen with the following modifications: Continue Reading
- I Switched From Firefox to Internet Explorer─And Lived to Tell
- Mozilla fears Chrome Frame, but complaints don’t convince
- Mozilla denies it will ‘ribbonize’ Firefox
- Google Chrome update doesn’t remove older, vulnerable version
- AT&T Intros Four Phones with Opera HTML Browser
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.13.742
- Steve Ballmer Trashes Chrome OS, Safari
- Adobe pushes Flash video on mobile devices
- Camino 1.6.10 Released
- Ruby on Rails vulnerability affects Twitter; IE8 immune
- Microsoft extends IE 8 charity offer
- Microsoft’s ‘Ten Grand’ Competition Ends, Was Actually Pretty Clever
- Firefox upgrade will check for third party updates
- Google Chrome OS to Feature Single Sign-On for Chrome Browser
- Google Chrome Turns 1!
- Opera 10 downloads
- Opera 10 : The Missing Pieces
- SkyFire Raises $5 Million More For Rich Mobile Browser