Category: Opera Software
Oslo, Norway, November 20, 2009. Opera Software ASA and Google Inc. have entered into a new agreement to integrate Google as the default search partner for the Opera mobile browsers (Opera Mobile & Opera Mini). This agreement replaces the agreement entered into on 27.02.2008 and is effective through October 30, 2011 and may be extended by Opera through October 30, 2012.
Oslo, Norway, November 20, 2009 – Opera Software ASA and Google Inc.
have renewed their current agreement to integrate Google as the default search partner for the Opera desktop and mobile browser. The agreement is effective through March 31, 2012 and Opera will continue to include Google search as a part of its user interface.
- Jetpack 0.6 dishes up two major APIs for Firefox add-on coders
- Yes, A Beta Version Of Chrome For Mac Is Just Weeks Away
- Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 phones, updated version available
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.14.938
- WebGL Musical Solar System
- Statistics: The world stands on its head
- The future of games is in your web browser
- Mastering Lynx (Open Source Text Browser) for Search Engine Optimization
Thanks to Nox for links.
Today, Opera Software has revealed their Q3 2009 financial results.
Decline in revenue
• Total revenue down vs 3Q08 due to lower shipments and NRE
More than 75% of revenue from licenses
• 10 new customers since 3Q08
Opera Desktop: Continue Reading
Here’s what I have received, after clicking on a link from RSS feed.
As you can see, some countries are being blocked from accessing certain pages OR could be just a temporary issue/bug.
EDIT: Upon closer investigation, it appears that instead of regular link, it lead to a Chinese Opera site, which caused this issue.
Guys from SecureThoughts.com decided to do a research on Opera Unite security and share some insights.
1. Enumerating Service Owner Usernames
Use: site:operaunite.com search query in search engine to build a list.
2. Enumerating Computer names for a particular Service Owner
“If you visit the service homepage with any non-existent computer name, then Opera Unite happily discloses all computer names used by that person.” Continue Reading
Opera will be giving away gift certificates every week (with the value of a Nintendo Wii or mobile phone) for the best Opera Unite application developer.
Prizes will be given away every Monday and deadline is Friday morning, 10 AM CET.
“The numbers tell us that Opera Turbo solves critical bandwidth issues. People everywhere experience either slow, congested networks or must pay as they go for Web access. It is an issue that affects everyone, from the business traveler to the Internet café user. Opera Turbo has become universally useful,” said Opera’s CEO, Jon von Tetzchner.
- Majority of businesses will adopt Internet Explorer 8+
- Silent Install Firefox Plugin Backfires on Microsoft
- Apple gets best spot in EU browser ‘ballot screen,’ Mozilla says
- Mozilla blocklists “Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant” extension
- Leaked ‘Google Chrome OS’ Is Just the Browser
- Opera Desktop Widgets evolved
- Opera Talks: David Storey (SVG, HTML5 and Opera)
- CSS Differences in Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- SeaMonkey 2.0 Release Candidate 1 Released
Thanks to Andrew, Daniel Hendrycks, Gabana and Nox for links!
- IE 6 for Windows phones: Interface improved
- Mozilla Weave 0.7 Released
- Mozilla ‘Plugin Check’ keeps Firefox add-ons secure
- Google Chrome Is Exceeding Internal Benchmarks for Adoption
- Forged PayPal certificate fools IE, Chrome and Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.13.756
- Opera CEO says market trends to boost firm
- Personal Web Systems Lands $1.2 Million for TV Web Browser
Thanks to mabdul for links.