Category: Opera Software
Good news today came from Opera Software headquarters, as company announced that their desktop web browser is now being used by more than 90 million users worldwide. With the upcoming Opera 10.20 Final release, we might see 100 million users very soon.
“It’s exciting that Obama has come to Oslo during this time of celebration for Opera,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO of Opera Software.
- How To Support Internet Explorer and Still Be Cutting Edge
- IE Quero Toolbar
- Microsoft to patch IE zero-day bug next week
- Sony In Talks With Mozilla?
- Best 5 Firefox Add-ons for Facebook Fans
- 11 Chrome Extensions, For Starters
- Features Chrome For Mac Beta Will Be Missing
- Opera 10.10: 12 million downloads in 7 days
- Difference between Opera Mobile 10 and Opera Mini 5
- Camino 2.0.1 Released!
- WebGL in Firefox on Nokia N900 (video)
Thanks to Nox for links.
If everything goes as expected, browser ballot case might be finally resolved by the end of December or even faster.
Bloomberg reports that during the phone conversation with Opera spokesman, it was said: “Our expectation is that the settlement will include changes sought by Opera and will come out around the 15th,”
What are those changes?
Opera Software suggested that instead of listing top 5 web browsers alphabetically, they should be randomly ordered, every time user sees a ballot screen.
Bloomberg also said that Jesse Verstraete, a Microsoft spokesman in Brussels, declined to comment on this case. So don’t hold your breath yet.
Oslo, Norway, November 20, 2009. Opera Software ASA and Google Inc. have entered into a new agreement to integrate Google as the default search partner for the Opera mobile browsers (Opera Mobile & Opera Mini). This agreement replaces the agreement entered into on 27.02.2008 and is effective through October 30, 2011 and may be extended by Opera through October 30, 2012.
Oslo, Norway, November 20, 2009 – Opera Software ASA and Google Inc.
have renewed their current agreement to integrate Google as the default search partner for the Opera desktop and mobile browser. The agreement is effective through March 31, 2012 and Opera will continue to include Google search as a part of its user interface.
- Jetpack 0.6 dishes up two major APIs for Firefox add-on coders
- Yes, A Beta Version Of Chrome For Mac Is Just Weeks Away
- Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 phones, updated version available
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.14.938
- WebGL Musical Solar System
- Statistics: The world stands on its head
- The future of games is in your web browser
- Mastering Lynx (Open Source Text Browser) for Search Engine Optimization
Thanks to Nox for links.
Today, Opera Software has revealed their Q3 2009 financial results.
Decline in revenue
• Total revenue down vs 3Q08 due to lower shipments and NRE
More than 75% of revenue from licenses
• 10 new customers since 3Q08
Opera Desktop: Continue Reading
Here’s what I have received, after clicking on a link from RSS feed.
As you can see, some countries are being blocked from accessing certain pages OR could be just a temporary issue/bug.
EDIT: Upon closer investigation, it appears that instead of regular link, it lead to a Chinese Opera site, which caused this issue.
Guys from SecureThoughts.com decided to do a research on Opera Unite security and share some insights.
1. Enumerating Service Owner Usernames
Use: site:operaunite.com search query in search engine to build a list.
2. Enumerating Computer names for a particular Service Owner
“If you visit the service homepage with any non-existent computer name, then Opera Unite happily discloses all computer names used by that person.” Continue Reading
Opera will be giving away gift certificates every week (with the value of a Nintendo Wii or mobile phone) for the best Opera Unite application developer.
Prizes will be given away every Monday and deadline is Friday morning, 10 AM CET.