Category: Opera Software
- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
According to Norwegian news page digi.no, due to growing interest in Opera Mini for the iPhone, Apple has called Opera Software to discuss about the possible partnership between these two companies.
Although no more details were revealed, Håkon Wium Lie (Opera’s Chief Technology Officer) feels confident, that Opera Mini will be approved.
When asked about the possible pricing, he said: We have not decided yet. Typically, the way that you download and use Opera for free (*translated*).
As Opera Software prepares to demonstrate Opera Mini for the iPhone at Mobile World Congress, there are some doubts, whether app will be approved or not.
As Stefan Constantinescu flied to Barcelona (that’s where MMC will be held), he noticed few girls in the airport, holding the following signs:
An important milestone has been reached in Opera Software headquarters, as company announced that they have passed 50 million active users mark.
“Our original goal with Opera Mini was to make the Web available to everyone, regardless of their network or mobile phone. Fifty million active monthly users is a great start,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO of Opera Software.
As company has never launched a true open source project before, there will be a learning curve.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for news tip.
Opera Software announced its plans to unveil Opera Mini for iPhone during 2010 Mobile World Congress conference, which will be held from 15th to 18th of February.
Although Apple App terms clearly states, that such applications won’t be approved, Opera Software co-founder Jon von Tetzchner said: “we hope that Apple will not deny their users a choice in Web browsing experience.”
As for today, Opera Mini for iPhone is not publicly available.
Thanks to Daf for news tip.
- FBI’s Most Wanted: Your Browsing Activity
- The iPhone is the new Internet Explorer 6, says mobile developer
- IE8 is now the world’s top browser, says NetApps, as XP falls
- Mozilla to remove legacy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger code in Firefox
- Fake Firefox Update Pages Push Adware
- Firefox 3.6 tips and tweaks
- Accelerate Firefox 3.6 page scrolling
- Google Translate Integrated In Google Chrome 5
- Google Might Advertise Chrome, Nexus One or Google Apps at Super Bowl
- Finally! “Find in Page” Comes to Mobile Safari
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- Bolt Browser gets Updated to Version 1.6 – Brings New Features
Thanks to Demir, mabdul and Sebastian for links.
Now here is something totally fresh. Just few weeks ago, Opera Software Received a new CEO and it looks like he is pushing for something new.
“In our fast-growing industry, mobile advertising represents an interesting long-term revenue opportunity. Every month, nearly 50 million people access the Web using Opera on their mobile phones and together with AdMarvel, we think we can play an important role in the evolution of mobile advertising,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO of Opera Software.
Update: “The agreed acquisition price is approximately USD 8 million in cash. The acquisition structure also envisages up to an additional USD 15 million in cash consideration, paid only if certain aggressive financial targets are met over the next 24 months.”
I am really excited to see the outcome of this acquisition. Do you?
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released
- Microsoft’s collaboration on SVG is a win for the open Web
- Serious IE and Windows flaws left to fester
- Download Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Xbox 360
- Next Firefox major update, “Lorentz”, could be a minor
- 40% Firefox Growth in 2009
- Undo Closed Tabs and Windows in Firefox
- Do we need extension dependencies?
- Jetpack 50-Line Code Challenge Winner is Crowne
- Mozilla Drumbeat Aims to Expand Web Participationd
- Rebuilding the Plugin Directory
- Google-HTC Prepping Chrome OS Tablet
- Chrome sets browser security standard, says expert
- Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One
- Opera Magazine now online
- Opera expands mobile SDK lineup amid losses
- WebKitGTK+ hackfest improves HTML renderer for GNOME apps
- Flock 2.5.6 Now Available
- Doing more with data
Thanks a lot to Nox for links.