Category: Opera Software
• Leaked IE9 Screenshots: Download Manager, Speed Dial
Earlier this week, Microsoft has confirmed Internet Explorer 9 Public Beta launch for September.
Yesterday Opera Software has announced that on July 25, 2010, Opera Mini users have generated more than 1 billion page views.
Over the last few years, Opera Mini grew significantly, processing just about 100 million page views in June 2008, it now serves more than 910 million pages per day.
“Crossing one billion pages views in a day is further proof that people desire the best Internet experience, no matter where they live or what device they use.” said Jon von Tetzchner, the co-founder of Opera Software.
• Internet Explorer 9 to be the Fastest and Safest Web Browser
Microsoft’s Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner has made a bold statement, saying that Internet Explorer 9 will not only be the safest…
• Firefox 3.6.8 Released
Recently Mozilla has released one more update for Firefox 3.6.x branch web browser that fixes 1 bug.
• Mozilla Bumps Cash Rewards for Security Vulnerabilities Reports
In what appears to be a great benefit for Firefox users, Mozilla has recently bumped its cash rewards salary from mere $500 to $3000.
• Firefox Home App Approved by Apple
Few weeks ago, Mozilla has submitted Firefox Home to Apple’s App Store and today, it was finally approved.
• IE6 is “Safer” than Chrome or Opera
US Bank Chase has decided to stop supporting Opera and Chrome web browsers, implying security issues and low popularity.
• June, 2010 – Internet Explorer Gains Market Share; Firefox, Opera – Loses
As yet another month has passed by, it’s time to find out, how browsers market share has evolved over past 30 days.
In yesterday’s press release, Opera Software and Russian mobile operator MegaFon, has announced a new partnership, under which MegaFon’s “Unlimited Internet with Opera Mini” package will be made available to all Russian territories (that’s more than 53 million mobile subscribers total).
Back in September 2009, MegaFon signed a similar deal that provided unlimited mobile web access to Moscow region only.
However, as press release says:
• The Difference between Google Chrome and Chromium
Softpedia has published a great article on Google Chrome and Chromium differences.
• Microsoft Pushes Hard with Internet Explorer 9
It looks like Microsoft IE team tries to do its best to make you forget about Internet Explorer 6/7 mess.
• Internet Explorer 6 Market Share to Reach 10% in 2010
If we analyze Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 market share trend, the following conclusion can be made.
• Mozilla to Add Weave Sync for the Next Firefox Release
It appears that Mozilla has decided to integrate data synch feature into the upcoming major Firefox release.
• Windows Phone 7 to Feature Upgradeable Internet Explorer
With many mobile web browser choices floating around, Internet Explorer is certainly not one of them.
• Synchronize Between Firefox and iPhone with Firefox Home
Mozilla has recently announced an upcoming project that is “Firefox Home”.
• Google Releases Chrome 5 Stable
Few days ago, Google has released the final version of Google Chrome 5 web browser, tagged as version 5.0.375.55, for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Continue Reading