Category: Mobile Browsers
Today was a big day for Opera Software, as company held its Up North Web event.
- 71 million people use Opera Mini today
- 50 million people have installed Opera’s cross-platform desktop browser on their computers
- 20 million users around the world use Opera products on connected devices other than phones and computers, e.g. television sets.
- 140 million users total
- Opera welcomes 2 new users every second!
If you have missed today’s Up North Web event, here is your chance to see its webcast right now.
Just head over to the following site where you can find 4 videos from:
Håkon Wium Lie
Jon von Tetzchner
As well as some photos.
- What is the first tabbed browser that you used?
- What is the current state of 3D in (upcoming) browsers?
- I tried firefox 4 and it crashed on installing and on starting. Any solutions?
- Why on earth was Safari introduced for Windows!! ?
- Silverlight for Opera?
Today is a good day for Android users; as yet another browser competitor enters the ring.
This time it’s Firefox 4, built on the very same technology platform as desktop web browser; however, with optimizations for mobile phones in mind.
Maemo users have also received a Firefox 4 Beta build to play with.
Back in January of 2010, Opera Software has acquired a mobile advertising company “AdMarvel”.
Ever wondered what could possibly come out of this? Today, company has announced its plans to join mobile advertising market with its cloud-based, “Open Mobile Ad Exchange” platform.
As Opera Software co-founder Jon von Tetzchner said, “there will be ads where you’re used to seeing ads,”.
Although there are almost 70 million Opera Mini users worldwide, it’s still unclear how exactly the company will attract potential advertisers and whether or not this product becomes a huge success.
• IE9 Beta: 6 Million Downloads in Two Weeks
Following 2 million downloads milestone on September 21st, Microsoft has…