Today was a big day for Opera Software, as company held its Up North Web event.
– 71 million people use Opera Mini today
– 50 million people have installed Opera’s cross-platform desktop browser on their computers
– 20 million users around the world use Opera products on connected devices other than phones and computers, e.g. television sets.
– 140 million users total
– Opera welcomes 2 new users every second!
• IE9 Beta: 6 Million Downloads in Two Weeks
Following 2 million downloads milestone on September 21st, Microsoft has…
If you have Reddit account already and want to provide some constructive criticism, head over to the following page and share your IE9 experience.
The installation took way too much time for a browser.
I didn’t like the fact a complete reboot is needed to use IE
That blank space over the tabs is useless.
Search field and tabs should not be on the same row.
Although IE9 is yet to be released, it looks like software giant Microsoft has already began rolling ad campaign to promote upcoming web browser.
• Internet Explorer 9 to be the Fastest and Safest Web Browser
Microsoft’s Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner has made a bold statement, saying that Internet Explorer 9 will not only be the safest…
• Firefox 3.6.8 Released
Recently Mozilla has released one more update for Firefox 3.6.x branch web browser that fixes 1 bug.
• Mozilla Bumps Cash Rewards for Security Vulnerabilities Reports
In what appears to be a great benefit for Firefox users, Mozilla has recently bumped its cash rewards salary from mere $500 to $3000.
In effort to strengthen Internet Explorer 8 position in the market and raise people awareness, Microsoft has launched a new ad campaign.
Here’s what Microsoft had to say about it:
To prove just how vulnerable your personal information is, Internet Explorer 8 re-recreated notorious internet scams–live, off the web– in the most street-smart city in world: New York. We used hidden cameras to film reactions of real people. In the first spot we asked people to provide very personal information in order to open a new bank account which would give them a cash reward of $500. We learned that, just as it is online, it can be hard to tell the difference between the scammer and the real thing. We filmed a lot of people and nearly all of them were convinced our “bank” was the real deal.
- IE tag – Take Two
- Documenting Standards in IE
- Microsoft investigating new Internet Explorer vulnerability in Windows XP
- Microsoft plays dirty against other browsers in Russia
- Firefox Mobile Browser Fennec Spotted on Android
- External Text Editing in Firefox
- The Downfall of Personas
- Coming Soon To Chrome: Extensions That Can Alter Your Browsing History
- Google Chrome Tip: Recovering closed tabs
- Zero-days flaws surface in Apple Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.16.916
- Browser history hijack + social networks = lost anonymity
- Camino 2.0.2 Released
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.