Although IE9 is yet to be released, it looks like software giant Microsoft has already began rolling ad campaign to promote upcoming web browser.
• Internet Explorer 9 to be the Fastest and Safest Web Browser
Microsoft’s Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner has made a bold statement, saying that Internet Explorer 9 will not only be the safest…
• Firefox 3.6.8 Released
Recently Mozilla has released one more update for Firefox 3.6.x branch web browser that fixes 1 bug.
• Mozilla Bumps Cash Rewards for Security Vulnerabilities Reports
In what appears to be a great benefit for Firefox users, Mozilla has recently bumped its cash rewards salary from mere $500 to $3000.
In effort to strengthen Internet Explorer 8 position in the market and raise people awareness, Microsoft has launched a new ad campaign.
Here’s what Microsoft had to say about it:
To prove just how vulnerable your personal information is, Internet Explorer 8 re-recreated notorious internet scams–live, off the web– in the most street-smart city in world: New York. We used hidden cameras to film reactions of real people. In the first spot we asked people to provide very personal information in order to open a new bank account which would give them a cash reward of $500. We learned that, just as it is online, it can be hard to tell the difference between the scammer and the real thing. We filmed a lot of people and nearly all of them were convinced our “bank” was the real deal.
- IE tag – Take Two
- Documenting Standards in IE
- Microsoft investigating new Internet Explorer vulnerability in Windows XP
- Microsoft plays dirty against other browsers in Russia
- Firefox Mobile Browser Fennec Spotted on Android
- External Text Editing in Firefox
- The Downfall of Personas
- Coming Soon To Chrome: Extensions That Can Alter Your Browsing History
- Google Chrome Tip: Recovering closed tabs
- Zero-days flaws surface in Apple Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.16.916
- Browser history hijack + social networks = lost anonymity
- Camino 2.0.2 Released
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
Surfing the web, I came across an interesting Microsoft ad (Lithuanian language).
What does it say?
Basically, if you download IE8 and register in the following site, you are eligible to win 1 out of 8 Microsoft Arc Mouses or Aspire 1410 Olympic Edition laptop.
Turns out, they were already giving away Lenovo laptop and Microsoft mouses some time ago as well.
What about IE8 market share in Lithuania? Continue Reading
- Jetpack 0.6 dishes up two major APIs for Firefox add-on coders
- Yes, A Beta Version Of Chrome For Mac Is Just Weeks Away
- Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 phones, updated version available
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.14.938
- WebGL Musical Solar System
- Statistics: The world stands on its head
- The future of games is in your web browser
- Mastering Lynx (Open Source Text Browser) for Search Engine Optimization
Thanks to Nox for links.
Surfing Amazon today I came across something interesting. Believe it or not, there are actually books such as: “Opera for Dummies”, “Don’t Click on the Blue E!: Switching to Firefox” and couple more.
Not sure if they are any good and why people would actually buy them (when you can find all the info on-line), but anyway: Continue Reading