Category: Internet Explorer
Google Chrome Continue Reading
Previous year were great for some of the web browsers and not so good for Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer.
Since it’s now 2009, let’s sum up all the market share reports and check final results.
Internet Explorer lost 7.32% of its market share Continue Reading
The upcoming release of Internet Explorer 8 will be available via Automatic Updates. According to Microsoft, the following update will be marked as high priority for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and important for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2009.
Alternatively, Microsoft is offering IE8 Blocker Toolkit which will allow administrators to disable delivery of Internet Explorer 8.
How will itl work?
Automatic update will notify you when IE8 is ready to install in the right side of taskbar. As simple as that.
Now here is something quite informative. Browser Security Handbook published by Google.
As Google explains, the document is meant to provide web application developers, browser engineers, and information security researchers with a one-stop reference to key security properties of contemporary web browsers.
The following browsers are included: Continue Reading
Beyond pushing Chrome on google.com and planning to roll it out with OEMs, Google has found a new way to tell users about its browser. This time, the search giant is targeting IE users who use Gmail. With a simple “Get faster Gmail” message (which only appears in IE), Google is luring users of its e-mail service to a support page which explains that IE is slow at running Gmail.
Story continues on ArsTechnica
First it was November, then December, then March 2009 and now it looks like the final IE8 version will be probably released in the 2nd quarter of 2009.
They are going to release one more update in the 1st quarter of the year 2009 which should be followed by a long awaited, Internet Explorer 8 Final.
Although by checking Microsoft history records you can even expect it to be delayed once again.
Well, at least users won’t whine about hundreds of IE 8 bugs, as in the time period like this, most of them will be fixed.
Sorry for not posting last few days. Had no internet (provider problems) connection since Thursday. Time to catch up.
- Google Chrome To Become Default Internet Web Browser
- Recent Updates Flood in for Google Chrome
- Test Finds Google Chrome, Apple Safari Weakest in Browser Password Management
- Analysis: Is Microsoft’s IE Flaw The Last Nail In Its Desktop Coffin?
- Microsoft releases patch for critical IE security flaw
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 now available for download
- Mozilla Officially Ends Support for Firefox 2
- Camino 1.6.6 Released
- Amaya 11 Released
- Google dumps Firefox from download bundle, swaps in Chrome
- Fennec/Mobile Firefox coming to Symbian S60 in 2009
- Time for Mac Antivirus? Apple Safari Users Targeted on Facebook
- Microsoft Gets More Detailed About IE Vulnerability and Workarounds
- Skyfire rolls out UK mobile browser
- Net Applications again: Opera vs. Chrome – actual numbers vs. claimed market share