Category: Internet Explorer
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!
- Microsoft CSS Vendor Extensions
- Mozilla exec urges Firefox users ditch Google for Bing
- Mobile Firefox release candidate coming as early as next week
- Move the Close Tab Button in Firefox
- 6 Killer Extensions for Google Chrome
- Why Mac Google Chrome is Better
- Opera on Google Chrome OS: what me worry?
- Opera Mobile 10 Comes to Android Via Carriers and Manufacturers
- Opera Mini Minor Server Upgrade
- Google’s Mac browser whips Firefox and Opera, lags Apple’s Safari
- WebGL Draft Specification Now Available
Thanks to Rob for links.
- How To Support Internet Explorer and Still Be Cutting Edge
- IE Quero Toolbar
- Microsoft to patch IE zero-day bug next week
- Sony In Talks With Mozilla?
- Best 5 Firefox Add-ons for Facebook Fans
- 11 Chrome Extensions, For Starters
- Features Chrome For Mac Beta Will Be Missing
- Opera 10.10: 12 million downloads in 7 days
- Difference between Opera Mobile 10 and Opera Mini 5
- Camino 2.0.1 Released!
- WebGL in Firefox on Nokia N900 (video)
Thanks to Nox for links.
If everything goes as expected, browser ballot case might be finally resolved by the end of December or even faster.
Bloomberg reports that during the phone conversation with Opera spokesman, it was said: “Our expectation is that the settlement will include changes sought by Opera and will come out around the 15th,”
What are those changes?
Opera Software suggested that instead of listing top 5 web browsers alphabetically, they should be randomly ordered, every time user sees a ballot screen.
Bloomberg also said that Jesse Verstraete, a Microsoft spokesman in Brussels, declined to comment on this case. So don’t hold your breath yet.
It’s a new month and few market share data. Let’s get it going.
Just like any other month, Internet Explorer market share keeps going down, this time it fell from 64.64% to 63.62% (1.02 point decrease).
With the upcoming Firefox 3.6 release, this browser increased its market share by 0.65 point, from 24.07% to 24.72%.
After previous gain in October, this time Safari‘s market share fell from 4.42% to 4.36% (0.06% decrease). Continue Reading
Surfing the web, I came across an interesting Microsoft ad (Lithuanian language).
What does it say?
Basically, if you download IE8 and register in the following site, you are eligible to win 1 out of 8 Microsoft Arc Mouses or Aspire 1410 Olympic Edition laptop.
Turns out, they were already giving away Lenovo laptop and Microsoft mouses some time ago as well.
What about IE8 market share in Lithuania? Continue Reading
- IE6 and IE7 vulnerable to latest flaw; IE8 immune
- IE bug leaks private details from 50 million PDF files
- Firefox’s Plan to Kick the Login’s Butt
- Alex Faaborg’s Identity Mockup
- 10 Firefox Extensions Google Chrome Should Have Too
- Opera 10.10 closes “extremely severe” hole
- Almost 40 million people used Opera Mini last month
- Safari on iPhone gets competition from a $1 browser app
- OneWeb demonstrates the power of XMPP inside the browser
- Maxthon 2.5.10 Supports Multi-touch and other Windows 7 features
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.