Category: Internet Explorer
As anticipation for Internet Explorer 6 security fix grows, Microsoft has decided to go “out of band” and release it as a standalone patch.
Here’s what company had to say about this:
“Given the significant level of attention this issue has generated, confusion about what customers can do to protect themselves and the escalating threat environment Microsoft will release a security update out-of-band for this vulnerability.
We take the decision to go out-of-band very seriously given the impact to customers, but we believe releasing an update out-of-band update is the right decision at this time. We will provide the specific timing of the release tomorrow.”
Microsoft also recommended customers upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 and benefit from improved security protection.
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released
After German Federal Office for Information Security warned users to use browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8, the French Computer Emergency Response Team is now advising the same.
In statement, it says: “pending a patch from the publisher, CERT recommends using an alternative browser.”
Microsoft’s spokesman in Germany said: “there is no threat to the general user, consequently we do not support this warning,”
Warnings come after recent IE vulnerability, which was one of the key factors, in the recent attacks on Google’s systems.
- Microsoft’s collaboration on SVG is a win for the open Web
- Serious IE and Windows flaws left to fester
- Download Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Xbox 360
- Next Firefox major update, “Lorentz”, could be a minor
- 40% Firefox Growth in 2009
- Undo Closed Tabs and Windows in Firefox
- Do we need extension dependencies?
- Jetpack 50-Line Code Challenge Winner is Crowne
- Mozilla Drumbeat Aims to Expand Web Participationd
- Rebuilding the Plugin Directory
- Google-HTC Prepping Chrome OS Tablet
- Chrome sets browser security standard, says expert
- Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One
- Opera Magazine now online
- Opera expands mobile SDK lineup amid losses
- WebKitGTK+ hackfest improves HTML renderer for GNOME apps
- Flock 2.5.6 Now Available
- Doing more with data
Thanks a lot to Nox for links.
Well, this certainly wasn’t a big surprise. During the last month of 2009, Google Chrome (4.63% market share) became world’s 3rd most used web browser, overtaking Apple’s Safari (4.46%).
In other news, Internet Explorer market share went down from 63.62% to 62.69% (0.93 point decrease).
Firefox also lost some of the market share, going down from 24.72% to 24.61% (0.11 point decrease). Continue Reading
Now here is something for Internet Explorer users: IE Tweaker, a simple utility to fix and tweak IE web browser. As program author claims, it contains over 90 options to choose from.
Now you can quickly delete all junk files, disable/enable various menus, clear type fonts, animations, smooth scrolling and much more.
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
We would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and awesome New Year :-)
Also, we will be moving site to a new server (thanks to Lotosus.com) (so it can take 24-48 hours for your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to catch new IPs).
In case you don’t see any new posts within a week, please try to clear your DNS Cache.
To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows. Continue Reading