Category: Internet Explorer
Sometime ago, Microsoft has published a paper called “Enhancing the performance of Windows Internet Explorer 8″ (download here), which states that add-ons are responsible for more than 70% of IE8 crashes and browser sluggishness.
In addition, company has also shared a list of 20 most popular IE8 extensions: Continue Reading
As first day at Pwn2Own hacking contest nears its end, web browser results are in.
Just like last year, Apple’s Safari 4 on Snow Leopard 10.6 was hacked first, as Charlie Miller set up a remove exploit.
Microsoft MIX10 videos were just released . You can now watch and/or download them (~2GB total) via visitmix.com
- Dean’s Day 2 Keynote about IE9
- In-depth Look at Internet Explorer 9 with John Hrvatin and Ted Johnson
- HTML5: High-Performance Best Practices for Web Sites with Jason Weber
- HTML5: Cross-Browser Best Practices with Tony Ross
- Internet Explorer Developer Tools with Jon Seitel
- Advanced Web Debugging with Fiddler with Eric Lawrence
Alternatively, you can visit our YouTube channel and watch them there.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for the news tip.
- Microsoft Winning Fans Early with Internet Explorer 9 Preview
- Windows Phone 7 browser is based on Internet Explorer 7
- IE8, iPhone will fall first day of hacking contest, predicts organizer
- Firefox 3.0 reaching end of the line
- Clear Firefox’s History for a Single Site
- Chrome Tip: Always restoring tabs
- Google Launches 3D Graphics Driver Project for Chrome
- Opera expands widget offering to all mobile phones
- Opera’s AdMarvel Partners With PointRoll For iPad Advertising Platform
- Analyst Uncovers 20 Security-related Flaws in Safari
- Amazon’s Kindle may get a proper web browser
- Next-gen Web TV apps focus on the browser
- Camino 1.6.11 Released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for links.
How does it stack up against its competitors? Continue Reading
- Microsoft to Double Down on HTML5 With Internet Explorer 9
- That wasn’t supposed to happen: IE usage share steady since choice screen
- Exploit for new IE hole
- Microsoft seeks browser comeback with IE 9
- Study lauds IE for blocking Web’s social attacks
- What enterprise still uses IE 6? Try Intel
- Presenting: Direct2D Hardware Acceleration In Firefox Nightlies
- Firefox previews new feature to protect against Flash crashes
- 10 Firefox Add-ons to Beautify Your Browser
- Firefox may never hit 25 percent market share
- Google Chrome Rolls Out Translate Feature
- Google to strip unique client ID from future Google Chrome installs
- World Bank designs game to be compatible with Opera Mini
- Opera says bug probably can’t commandeer machines
- Opera Mini 5 solves some of Android’s native browser problems
- Opera Mini 5 Beta Announced as Native WinMo App
- Apple rushes out Safari patch. Hoping not to lose Pwn2Own contest
- Flash Player: CPU Hog or Hot Tamale? It Depends
- Cross Browser CSS Transforms – even in IE
- Does Your Browser Behave?
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Dels, mabdul, nobody and Nox for links.