Category: Internet Explorer
The most important tool in this version is CEOP Button, which behavior is similar to web slices. Once it is clicked, youngster can report inappropriate site or even seek out for help for the given topics: cyberbullying, viruses, harmful content, hacking, mobile problems, and sexual behavior.
In addition, there is also a special search add-on, which shall filter harmful content and do not expose it to your children.
Picture Source: ArsTechnica.
- FBI’s Most Wanted: Your Browsing Activity
- The iPhone is the new Internet Explorer 6, says mobile developer
- IE8 is now the world’s top browser, says NetApps, as XP falls
- Mozilla to remove legacy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger code in Firefox
- Fake Firefox Update Pages Push Adware
- Firefox 3.6 tips and tweaks
- Accelerate Firefox 3.6 page scrolling
- Google Translate Integrated In Google Chrome 5
- Google Might Advertise Chrome, Nexus One or Google Apps at Super Bowl
- Finally! “Find in Page” Comes to Mobile Safari
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- Bolt Browser gets Updated to Version 1.6 – Brings New Features
Thanks to Demir, mabdul and Sebastian for links.
Just recently, search engine giant halted older browsers support for few of their apps. Turns out, it’s only the beginning, as Google spokesman said: “We plan to stop supporting older browsers for the rest of the Google Apps suite, including Gmail, later in 2010″.
This move is slightly unexpected, as IE6 still owns 20% of browser market share. As for older browsers quote, Firefox 2.0, Safari 2.0 and Chrome 3.0 won’t be supported as well.
Microsoft Internet Explorer lost yet another chunk of market share, and went down from 62.69% to 62.12% (0.57 point decrease).
For a third time in a row, Mozilla Firefox lost more market share, as it fell from 24.61% to 24.43% (0.18 point decrease).
Yet another huge gain for Chrome web browser; moving up, from 4.63% to 5.22%, making it a 0.59 point increase.
Slowly but surely, Safari increased its market share by 0.07 point, up from 4.46% to 4.53% Continue Reading
- UK government pledges support for MS Internet Explorer
- Browser Speed Tests: Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4, Opera 10.5, and Extensions
- The Snoopy Google Toolbar
- Enable the Tab Preview Menu Button in Firefox 3.6
- Firefox: People in Germany Are Switching Browsers
- No matter what Apple says, you can’t get a rich web experience without Flash
- How to shorten URLs directly in Opera
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.15.2444
- Clickjacking problem in browsers persists
- Weave 1.0 now available for download
Thansk to Gala and mabdul for links.
It’s finally happening. After years of waiting, Google has pulled off Internet Explorer 6 support from 2 of their apps: Google Sites and Docs.
Last year, company asked IE6 users to upgrade their browsers, when such visited popular video sharing site YouTube.com
Here’s what Google said in their official statement: Continue Reading
If you really hate Internet Explorer, this toy is for you: IE Voodoo Doll. Just take a needle and stab it all day long.
It’s easy to make one and it will only take 30-60 minutes of your time (8×8 cm or 3.15×3.15 in). Here is a tutorial to check out.
- Why there’s no 64-bit Silverlight from Microsoft… yet
- Why Firefox is doomed
- Upgrade Firefox’s Download Manager
- Firebug 1.5 released
- How to add command line switches to Google Chrome or Chromium
- 10 Great Google Chrome Extensions
- Bing Making Way to iPhone’s Safari?
- Opera downloads in Germany doubled over the weekend
- Experiments with audio, part VI
- Skyfire For Symbian Brought Up To Speed
- Adobe Flash 10.1 allows private browsing
- Ruby Rendering in WebKit
- YouTube, Vimeo Try Out HTML 5.0 Video
- NetFront Browser v4.0
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
Some time ago, Microsoft has filed a patent, designed to improve tabbed browsing functionality, which might be revealed in the upcoming Internet Explorer 9 release.
Abstract (as from uspto.gov):
The techniques and mechanisms described herein are directed to a method for managing and selecting one out of large set of open tabs in a tabbed browser. Browsing software is configured to provide a quick pick user-interface that visually displays the content of the several tabs, such as a by displaying a thumbnail for each tab. The thumbnails allow a user to easily distinguish between each opened tab. Continue Reading