Category: Internet Explorer
- Microsoft to fix further vulnerabilities in IE 8 XSS filter
- IE9 Developer Tools: Network Tab
- Firefox Customizable Tab Bar
- Screenshots of new UI concepts for Firefox 4
- refox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- Wikipedia Companion Adds Wikipedia Browser To Google Chrome
- Chrome OS to support ARM and Tegra?
- Opera shown to be the most secure browser by Symantec
- Make Opera Mini 5 the default Android browser with Opera Bridge
- Another EU browser ballot bug: now it’s not random at all
- Holistic Web Browsing: Trends Of The Future
- Video: Skyfire Alpha on Android
- Microsoft sponsors new Web font standard
- NetSurf 2.5 released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Ichann, mabdul, Nox and Oliver for links.
- IE9 Will Change the Web Forever
- IE8 has blocked over 560 million malware sites: how many were legit?
- Firefox.next Alpha 4 is both: performance and looks
- Multi-process Firefox Lorentz beta now available for download
- Mozilla Hackability: Firefox Nintendo Wiimote driver
- Destroy The Web (add-on)
- Optimized Firefox: Pale Moon
- Simplifying Web Browsing? Google Chrome Drops URL Prefix
- Google to Open-source VP8 for HTML5 Video
- Comodo Dragon: A Chromium Browser With Extra Armor
- Opera Mini 5 Settings
- How WebKit Loads a Web Page
- Adobe CEO: Flash coming to Android, WebOS and BlackBerry ‘smartphones and tablets’ in 2H 2010
- Important Java plugin update now available
- Funny fact about browser randomization
- HTML5 audio visualizations
- More Web Inspector Updates
Thanks to Blake Sening, mabdul, Nox and Rohan Gharia for links.
Internet Explorer slowly nears 60% market share mark. This time it went down from 61.58 to 60.65, 0.93 point decrease.
In March, Firefox managed to increase its market share by 0.29 point, moving up from 24.23% to 24.52%.
Google Chrome continues to grow steadily; 0.52 point increase this time, up from 5.61% to 6.13%. Continue Reading
Maxthon team has released a technical preview of Maxthon 3.0 web browser, which now includes a GPU rendering support for smoother text on Web pages.
Here’s an example:
“The current implementation of GPU rendering is merely an initial step. The final version will be more powerful and will support more features”, Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon said.
As of today, Firefox 3.7 and Maxthon 3.0 are the only browsers to include GPU accelerator support, with Internet Explorer 9 soon to follow.
- A Closer Look at Internet Explorer 9 Hardware Acceleration Through Flying Images
- Microsoft: IE9 Preview Downloads Taking Off
- Microsoft finally to close the VBScript hole in Internet Explorer
- Mozilla’s Q1 2010 Analyst Report – State of the Internet
- Aza Raskin Joining Firefox
- Firefox with Direct2D: Speed you can feel
- Firefox 3.6.3 security update now available
- Firefox 3.5.9 and 3.0.19 security updates now available
- Improved Flash Player Support in Chrome
- Dev update: Integrated Adobe Flash Player Plug-in
- We will launch 3D apps via Chrome soon
- Google Chrome Developer Update – Geolocation and Incognito Extensions
- Is Apple giving Opera for iPhone the Google Voice treatment?
- Opera Mini Sees 50.5 Million Mobile Users In February, Up 145 Percent
- Opera to showcase revenue-generating Web solutions at NAB 2010
- The big change coming to Safari 5: Kernel-level multi-processing
- Plugging the CSS History Leak
- Privacy-related changes coming to CSS :visited
- Interesting times for Video on the Web
- Quake 2 running in HTML5 browsers
- First look: Skyfire for Android
- LG ships first phone with HTML5 browser
- Thanks to Andrew, Daniel Hendrycks, Demir Lugonic, mabdul, Nab and Nox for links.
P.S. Sorry for missing last week’s recap and some news (was traveling + missed flight back), still catching up :-)
Sometime ago, Microsoft has published a paper called “Enhancing the performance of Windows Internet Explorer 8″ (download here), which states that add-ons are responsible for more than 70% of IE8 crashes and browser sluggishness.
In addition, company has also shared a list of 20 most popular IE8 extensions: Continue Reading