Category: Internet Explorer
Or so it seems.
NSS Labs tested 5 most popular web browsers to find out, which one of them offer the best protection against malware.
Tested web browsers
Google Chrome 6.0.472.63
Windows Internet Explorer 8 (build 8.0.7600.16385)
Windows Internet Explorer 9 pre-BETA (build 9.0.7930.16402)
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10
Opera 10.62 (build 3500)
Safari 5.0.1 (7533.17.8)
Don’t forget that you will receive points for asking/answering questions and can redeem them for cool prizes.
- How many browsers do you have installed on your system?
- Have you ever tried blogging?
- Is Firefox doomed?
- How to disable automatic Opera tab stacking?
- What is your favorite feature in the current Opera 11 Beta ?
- What you think about Opera 11 beta ?
- What is your favorite Opera extension?
- Create new buttons in Opera ?
- How many of YOU are using Opera browser as default on desktop?
- Have you ever ask a site to “Open the Web” (ask it to stop block Opera or oither browsers) ?
- What is your favorite Opera feature ?
- Did you tried PaleMoon Project ?
- Should Adobe add sandboxing (protected mode) to Flash Player and Shockwave Player like they did for Adobe Reader x ?
Ad block reloaded.
The upcoming Internet Explorer 9 RC build (set for an early 2011 release) will include a couple of tracking protection features, Microsoft revealed earlier this week.
According to the official video, Tracking Protection will allow users to discover, who is tracking their activity, while Tracking Protection Lists provides them with a solution to easily block such sites from requesting their data.
Recent Federal Trade Commission (FTC) report might have an impact on Microsoft’s decision for such feature implementation.
Thanks, RamaSubbu SK.
Exposes all sorts of weird data.
Mozilla team has conducted a survey that aims to learn more about the user browsing habits.
About the survey
Test duration: 7 days
Test type: Global
Versions covered: Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6, Firefox 4 Beta
Data submission: 527,817 test sets submitted in November 2010.
Brings more goodies to the table.
Earlier this month, Microsoft has revealed the very first information about the upcoming Silverlight 5 release.
According to “The Future of Microsoft Silverlight” web site, Silverlight 5 will introduce more than 40 new features, including developer productivity improvements as well as huge boost in the video quality and performance.
Key new features:
Good news for Windows Phone 7 users.
The application called Chrome to WP7 can now not only send links from Google Chrome, but also Internet Explorer 8 and 9, Firefox, Opera and Safari web browsers.
A neat little app to save your time.