Category: Internet Explorer
- May, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Opera – Down
- Internet Explorer 10 Screenshots And Video
- Google To Discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 Support
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- China Web Boycott
- Download Opera 11.50 Beta
In the recent Windows 8 reveal video, Microsoft has also offered a sneak peak at the upcoming Internet Explorer 10 web browser.
According to Jensen Harris, director of program management at Microsoft, just like in Windows Phone 7, IE10 includes a touch optimized UI which will drastically improve user experience on the touch screen supported devices.
If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad
Facebook can be dangerous.
The Italian security researcher, Rosario Valotta, has discovered a new security vulnerability in all versions of Internet Explorer, which allows hackers to steal your login details. Fortunately, it’s not as alarming as it sounds.
To obtain private information, the attacker asks its potential victims to drag and drop an object across the screen and that’s what triggers the bug.
With yesterday’s Windows Phone Mango reveal, Microsoft has also detailed some of the upcoming Internet Explorer 9 features and changes.
According to Joe Belfiore, corporate vice president and director of Windows Phone Program Management, IE9 Mobile has the very same rendering engine that is also used in the PC version of Internet Explorer 9.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
What took them so long?
The upcoming WordPress 3.2 release, which is now in Beta, will no longer support the Internet Explorer 6 web browser, organization said earlier this week.
Just like other major companies that decided to halt IE6 support, WordPress highlights the increasingly complex code trickery to make WP dashboard work with the 10 year old web browser.
Although it remains unclear what site webmasters would use such software; still, it’s a welcomed step forward.