The latest Beta Channel build of Google Chrome (12.0.742.30 that is) has been released a couple of days ago and it’s worth checking out.
- The hardware accelerated 3D CSS support has been finalized and is now available in the following version.
If for one reason or another Opera displays you old, AJAX free image search interface in Google, then here is how to fix that:
Right Click > Edit Site Preferences
Click on the “Network” tab
Browser identification: Identify as Firefox
Click OK and refresh page.
The end is near.
After countless attempts, the almighty Sandbox has been bypassed by the French security company Vupen, which won the $15,000 cash prize just few months ago in the Pwn2Own contest for successfully hacking Safari web browser.
Although Google was unable to confirm such claim, the buzz is quickly spreading all over the Internet.
Remember the ad campaign for Google’s Chrome web browser titled “Dear Sophie“? The one that encourages using various search giant services?
Turns out, you can’t really do that. Why? Because it’s against Google’s TOS to create a Google account for children younger than 13 years old.
Here is an email from one of the fathers:
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
- Google Chrome Has 120 Million Users
- Opera 11.10 Final Bugs
- Mozilla and Opera Mock Microsofts Native HTML5 Claims
- Download Silverlight 5 Beta
- IE10 and Windows Vista? Forget It
- Dear Opera, How Do I Open This Tab?
- Firefox 5 Tweaks Tab Close and Auto Resize
- RockMelt Beta 2 Out Now
- Flock Is Dead
- Download Internet Explorer 10 Platform Preview 1
- Download Opera 11.10 Final
- Opera: Show Full Site Thumbnails (Old Speed Dial)
- Opera Turbocharges Opera Turbo
- Do You Like Us On Facebook Yet?
- Firefox 5 Supposedly Coming Out On the 21st of June
- The European Commission, Browser Choice, and Fair Play
Back in December, Google has announced that Google Chrome has more than 120 million active users, which is good.
However, during the Q1 2011 earnings call, company has stated that Google Chrome sees about 30% growth every quarter and now has 120 million active users.
Confused yet? Turns out, 120 million active users milestone that was hit in December was not using DAU (Daily Active Users) metric. Instead, it relied on more “generic” active users calculations.
Makes you wonder what parameters do other web browser companies use to count their users…
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) vs. Firefox 4 vs. Google Chrome 10 vs. Opera 11 vs. Safari 5
- March, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer – Down
- Mozilla Names Slow Extensions
- Google Chrome to Receive Scrolling Tabs
- Google Chrome to Improve Security
- Google Chrome Cookies
- The Story of Opera Employee
- Download Opera 11.10 RC
- CycleBlob: WebGL Lightcycle Game
- How Would You Change FavBrowser?
- FavBrowser.com v3 Launched