Category: Google Chrome
- Google dumps Firefox from download bundle, swaps in Chrome
- Fennec/Mobile Firefox coming to Symbian S60 in 2009
- Time for Mac Antivirus? Apple Safari Users Targeted on Facebook
- Microsoft Gets More Detailed About IE Vulnerability and Workarounds
- Skyfire rolls out UK mobile browser
- Net Applications again: Opera vs. Chrome – actual numbers vs. claimed market share
The newest player in the field, Google Chrome is no longer a beta labeled browser. According to Google Chrome blog, they have removed the beta label as their goals for stability and performance have been met. As it says: We are working to add some common browser features such as form autofill and RSS support in the near future. We are also developing an extensions platform along with support for Mac and Linux. Continue Reading
- Google’s Chrome Team Mulls Local File Restrictions
- Google outlines plan for extensions in Chrome
- What to Expect From the Second Firefox 3.1 Beta Preview
- Firefox extension Linked Users to Same Product at The Pirate Bay
- Compatibility View Improvements to come in IE8
Note: Already posted news are not included.
We will be testing Firefox 3.0.4, Firefox 3.1 Beta 1, Safari 3.2, WebKit r38794, Google Chrome 0.4.154.29, Opera 9.62 and Opera 10 Alpha 1 builds.
Let’s begin, shall we? Continue Reading
An article on 3 web browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome and Flock. Safari and Opera were left behind.
There were few interesting comments on that article though. For example:
“Opera hasn’t changed, there’s nothing new or exciting, nothing to talk about. People don’t ignore Opera, they just don’t really care about it.”
While this is not 100% correct, I actually find it true when viewing all the “browser war” and/or web development related articles around the web.
Just noticed this one. I wonder if it’s really worth to promote a not fully working product (beta), once you click on a link, it opens new page where you can download it (says nothing about a “beta” status).
Was a final version released some time ago and I missed it?