Category: Google Chrome
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
As drama surrounding Ai Weiwei, the guy who was detained by Chinese authorities for tax evading, builds up, one of the programmers has created a web browser extension called “China Blocker”, which does exactly as described: blocks Chinese sites.
Why people are protesting? Ai Weiwei was a frequent spokesmen against the Chinese government and some people believe that this is the exact reason why Al was arrested.
China Blocker works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers and can be downloaded here.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad
Headaches are included free of charge.
Google, Mozilla and NVIDIA have teamed up to offer its users a unique 3D experience. By combining the power of a HTML5 based 3D playback (available in Firefox 4) and NVIDIA’s 3D Vision hardware, people from the Internets can now view stereoscopic 3D videos on YouTube.
According to Jonathan Huang, 3D Product Manager at YouTube, there are currently thousands of 3D videos available on YouTube and thanks to open standards, NVIDIA 3D Vision users will benefit.
According to various reports, hardware maker Xi3 will be releasing the very first desktop PC running Google’s Chrome operating system on the 4th of July.
Xi3’s ChromiumPC modular computer will feature a tiny, cube like design with different color options and are powered by the dual or single core 64-bit, x86 processors.
As of today, offline access to Gmail is no longer possible in Chrome. Gears, the software previously used in Chrome, was developed by Google and enables more powerful web applications by adding new features to a browser such as allowing some online files to be used offline. It is still available in Firefox 3.6 and Internet Explorer 8, but using outdated browsers to utilize an outdated plug in is not recommended.
Offline support for Gmail is set to return via the Chrome Web Store this summer in the form of a Gmail application. More information on the matter can be found here.
With Google allowing users to hide the address bar in canary builds of Chrome 13, Mozilla has decided to release the LessChrome HD extension which pretty much does the same thing. This has seemingly sparked a bit of a debate in the browser industry, as the address bar has always been an integral part of the web browser.
If you are up for a new experience and don’t mind potential phishing sites threat, then Google Chrome 11 Canary might be the browser to get as its latest release includes an option to hide the URL bar.
How do you enter the URL?
For user to access the mentioned text box he or she must click on a browser tab and bingo, it reappears.
How to hide the bar?
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?