If you ever wondered about the performance differences between Windows and Linux Firefox versions while surfing the net, then wonder no more. Tux Radar has tested Firefox on Windows and Linux (original Firefox + Firefox Wine (Wine allows you to run Windows applications on Linux) to see how they compete.
Tested with Firefox 3.06 on Windows XP SP3 (x86) and Fedora 10 (x86). Continue Reading
- Outlook Live for IE, Firefox and Safari
- Foxmarks synchronizes IE, Safari, Firefox bookmarks
- Android exploit so dangerous, users warned to avoid phone’s web browser
- Why Google’s Software Update Tool Is Evil
- Firefox: 55 Add-Ons To Increase Your Security And Privacy
- 7 ways to optimize Firefox 3 for a better browsing experience on your netbook
- Firefox Mobile On HTC Touch Pro
- Mobile Browser Wars
Just a few days ago, Moonlight, the open source GNU/Linux and Unix framework that plays video and applications made on Silverlight has been released.
The way to install Moonlight is by a Firefox addon. It works on 32 and 64 bit operating systems. However, the following release is not compatible with Silverlight 2 yet.
To get it to work, click the create button, then type your Twitter user name and password then create. Now just drag the link to you bookmarks toolbar and you are ready to go.
It also supports posting which web page you are visiting, you only need to put #this or #link to the update textbox.
Once again, Microsoft’s security evangelist Jeff Jones has tried to substantiate his proposition that Internet Explorer is at least as secure as Firefox. However, the Washington Post’s Brian Krebs has clarified that the figures Jones used for making the comparison, are misleading.
Continue reading at Heise Online
Thanks again to Mabdul for sending this.
The very first public milestone of Fennec (Firefox Mobile) for Windows Mobile has been released.
Brad explains installation process:
- This month’s Microsoft patches could lead to a hectic week for IT managers
- Internet Explorer for Linux: Microsoft has been there before…sort of
- 2 Cool FireFox Addons for PPC Managers
- Custom build optimizes Firefox 3.1 for Intel
- Can Google Chrome Power Your Browser?
- Extensions for Google Chrome Coming In May?