- Channel Switcher Dropped From Firefox
- How To “Fix” Firefox Memory Leaks
- Download Firefox 6 Aurora
- Download Google Chrome 12 Final
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- Will It Blend? Chrome Notebook
- Apple Safari 5.1 Details
- Download Dolphin Browser HD 5.0 Final
- Nook Touch Web Browser
With Chrome OS notebooks already shipping, Firefox has also decided to join the party with the web browser based interface called Webian Shell, which is based on Mozilla Chromeless project.
As this is just an early and experimental release, the upcoming versions are set to incorporate more advanced features, such as: multiple home screens, split screen view, onscreen keyboard for touch based devices and more.
If you would like to try it out, here is a download link.
Going by what Mozilla has to say, the channel switcher will be removed from Firefox. Why? While the channel switcher seemed like a good idea at first, it was only really useful as a springboard it appears. This conclusion came to light due to the fact that the feature was rarely utilized once users made the switch to a particular channel.
As it turns out, users of Firefox are much more interested in running different versions of the browser alongside each other, and so Mozilla has declared that its efforts are best directed elsewhere. You will still be able to switch back and forth between the Aurora and Beta channels, of course. Simply visit the Future of Firefox page to obtain them.
Suitable for systems with low amounts of memory only.
If, for one reason or another you still experience Firefox memory leaks that seem to affect your web browsing experience, then Firefox Plumber could be the extension you’ve been waiting for.
Although it does not actually solve the issue itself, Firefox Plumber offloads your RAM in favor of the hard drive.
Recently, Mozilla has released the sixth version of its Firefox Aurora web browser, including a variety of changes for both everyday users and web developers.
Here is just a small list of Firefox 6 Aurora features:
Data Management Window
As seen in the screenshot above, Data Management Window (which can be accessed by typing in “about:permissions” ion the URL bar) allows users to control data access for the specific web sites, including: cookies, passwords and location information.
- May, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Opera – Down
- Internet Explorer 10 Screenshots And Video
- Google To Discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 Support
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- China Web Boycott
- Download Opera 11.50 Beta
If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
As drama surrounding Ai Weiwei, the guy who was detained by Chinese authorities for tax evading, builds up, one of the programmers has created a web browser extension called “China Blocker”, which does exactly as described: blocks Chinese sites.
Why people are protesting? Ai Weiwei was a frequent spokesmen against the Chinese government and some people believe that this is the exact reason why Al was arrested.
China Blocker works with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari web browsers and can be downloaded here.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad