With the worldwide launch of Google Chrome Store, it was also revealed that the popular Angry Birds game has been included there for free and can be played anytime, all the time.
The better news is that Google Chrome is not a necessity. As long as your web browser supports hardware accelerated WebGL or Canvas, you shouldn’t experience any issues.
So, what are you waiting for? Jut click the following link and enjoy free gaming.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
Mozilla declared that it will not agree to a US Department of Homeland Security request to get rid of a Firefox extension yesterday. The extension in question is MAFIAA Fire.
What this particular extension does is redirect users to working sites set up to replace domains seized by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is believed that an antipiracy campaign by the DHS has seen reduced effectiveness due to this.
It’s May already as we look at the browsers market share results for the last month, April that is. Were there any drastic changes? Let’s find out.
It looks like Internet Explorer 9 is not yet good enough to prevent users from switching to other browsers as Microsoft lost market share yet again, down from 55.92% to 55.11% (0.81 point decrease).
Mozilla is facing similar situation as Firefox web browser market share decreased by 0.17 point, from 21.80% to 21.63%.
Browsing some forums recently, I discovered that people miss the Firefox 3 feature that allowed you to save a session for next time upon quitting Firefox. Knowing that Mozilla couldn’t have possibly removed it, I had to investigate the matter and found an answer. Save and Quit is still here, but hidden!
- Google Chrome Blocks Java
- Download Firefox 4.0.1
- Firefox 5 to Receive Huge Performance Improvements
- Download Google Chrome 11 Final
- Hilarious Internet Explorer Video
- Firefox Aurora Lacks Users
- Weekly Browsers Recap + Bonus Links, April 25th
- Firefox 4 Tops 100 Million Downloads
Here comes the first stability and security update for Firefox 4 web browser as well as update for both, Firefox 3.6 and 3.5 branches.
Thanks to various tweaks and improvements, the upcoming Firefox 5 release, which is scheduled for the July 2011 release, will see a big jump in performance.
Furthermore, due to the recent Firefox criticism on heavy memory usage, the new version will have key improvements in this area as well.
Firefox 5 does indeed look promising and we can’t wait to give the Beta version a test drive.
With the recent introduction of the new channel structure, it looks like Mozilla is not receiving the users it originally anticipated.
How so? Matt Brubeck, the software engineer for the Firefox Mobile has tweeted the following:
We need more Firefox users to join the Aurora channel, and start testing Firefox 5 features like CSS3 Animation: http://firefox.com/channel
As of today, the Beta release of Firefox 5 web browser is scheduled for the May 17 with the final release target set to June 21st.