Firefox 3 (3.1) vs. Google Chrome vs. Safari 3 vs. Opera 9.5 vs. Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)
SquirrelFish: The engine used by Safari 4.0.
V8: The engine used by Google Chrome.
SpiderMonkey: The engine that powers Firefox (up to, and including, Firefox 3.0). Continue Reading
Not so long time ago Microsoft introduces web slices feature for IE8. However, if you don’t want to use Internet Explorer 8 yet, there’s a Firefox 3 add-on which allows you to subscribe to any web page section. Add-on developers aren’t sleeping.
What was changed?
== Enablement UI ==
* Disable always: when the Firebug UI is not active on any page, the debugger is disabled (minimal overhead)
* Instant on: when the Firebug UI is active, HTML, CSS, DOM views activate (minimal overhead)
* Script panel user-activation: initially disabled or enabled always Continue Reading
So to make it short: in some benchmarks, new engine is almost 40 times faster than the old one! Can you imagine that?
Just take a look at those benchmarks: Continue Reading
Here is a great tip from shashank on how to make Firefox 10 times faster.
1. Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
2. Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true” Continue Reading
Are you having issues viewing various web pages from time to time where css style sheets don’t load?
Solution might be simpler than you thought. One of the reasons why it can happen is due to AdBlock. In case you are blocking ads on the web page, unblock them all and try now.
It worked for me.