- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Microsoft CSS Vendor Extensions
- Mozilla exec urges Firefox users ditch Google for Bing
- Mobile Firefox release candidate coming as early as next week
- Move the Close Tab Button in Firefox
- 6 Killer Extensions for Google Chrome
- Why Mac Google Chrome is Better
- Opera on Google Chrome OS: what me worry?
- Opera Mobile 10 Comes to Android Via Carriers and Manufacturers
- Opera Mini Minor Server Upgrade
- Google’s Mac browser whips Firefox and Opera, lags Apple’s Safari
- WebGL Draft Specification Now Available
Thanks to Rob for links.
IEBlog has published Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) (not final version) SunSpider benchmark results and compared them to Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.5, Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome 3, Google Chrome 4, Safari 4 and latest Webkit Nightly build.
Let me tell you, this graph looks promising so far: Continue Reading
- Microsoft Internet Explorer SSL security hole lingers
- Electrolysis Firefox builds are now available
- Firefox Windows Theme Project (Progress Report) #4
- WebGL in Firefox Nightly Builds
- Mozilla speeds Firefox development
- Can Chrome Shake Up the Browser Market?
- Browser Wars Mobile Edition: Opera Mini 5 Beta on the Blackberry Storm
- Camino 2.0 Beta 4 Released
- Maxthon Releases Version 2.5.8 of Browser
Thanks to Nox and Shane Bundy for links.
Now here is something completely different. Guys at AnandTech has decided to find out, how web browser affects battery life.
They have tested the following web browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox + AdBlock
Opera 10 Beta 3
Safari 4 Continue Reading
Browser Wars: Ultimate Browser Benchmark: Chrome 2 vs. Chrome 3 vs. Chrome 4 vs. Opera 10 vs. Firefox 3.5 vs. Firefox 3.6 vs. Internet Explorer 8 vs. Safari 4
With the release of Opera 10 Final, it’s time to find out, who is the king of performance in web browser area.
The following browsers were tested (with no settings changed):
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 (Alpha)
Chrome 22.214.171.124 (Beta)
Chrome 126.96.36.199 (Alpha)
Safari 4.0.3 Continue Reading
Ars Technica reports that the latest build of WebKit has outperformed Chromium by more than 15% in SunSpider benchmark.
They have also tested Safari 4.0.3, Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1, Firefox 3.5.2, Camino 2.0 Beta 3 and Opera 10 Beta 3 web browsers.
Here are some more details from Ars Tecnica, which should clarify Microsoft and NSS Labs “sponsorship” deal.
In terms of sponsorship of the reports, “this stuff is expensive to do right, and we need to monetize it somehow,” Moy told Ars. “We invited Google, Mozilla, Apple, Opera to participate, but they didn’t even bother to respond, except for Opera, which stated they “don’t really focus on malware.”
Also, readers have noticed that Firefox 3.5 was not included in those tests, here is a reason (as from .pdf).
We would have liked to have been able to test Firefox 3.5 which was released on June 30, 2009, and attempted to test it alongside the other browsers. However, serious instability where the browser repeatedly crashed (a widely reported issue) along with poor results prevented its inclusion for the sake of fairness.
For NSS Security Test results, see the following page.