• Internet Explorer 9 to be the Fastest and Safest Web Browser
Microsoft’s Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Turner has made a bold statement, saying that Internet Explorer 9 will not only be the safest…
• Firefox 3.6.8 Released
Recently Mozilla has released one more update for Firefox 3.6.x branch web browser that fixes 1 bug.
• Mozilla Bumps Cash Rewards for Security Vulnerabilities Reports
In what appears to be a great benefit for Firefox users, Mozilla has recently bumped its cash rewards salary from mere $500 to $3000.
In rather pointless benchmark, DownloadSquad has tested latest Internet Explorer 9 build against Google Chrome 6 dev.
What are the results?
As seen in video above, IE9 annihilated Chrome. However, while it does sound great, author failed to mention that Google Chrome 6 does not really support hardware acceleration (still in early development stage). Therefore, it shouldn’t come as a big surprise.
With the recent Safari 5 announcement, Apple has also introduced hardware acceleration support for Windows machines.
To find out how it stacks up against Internet Explorer 9 hardware acceleration, Microsoft ran some tests (see video below (requires Silverlight)).
What about results?
In the very first demo, IE9 Preview versions had an average of 50fps while Safari struggled to reach even 10fps. During Flickr Explorer demo, Internet Explorer 9 kept around 20fps while Safari 5 was averaging about 7fps only. Continue Reading
An interesting video, in which Microsoft employee demonstrates the difference between GPU (Internet Explorer 9) and non-GPU (Firefox, Chrome) powered web browsers.
Recently Google has released a Beta version of Chrome 5 web browser. Now, not only it includes browser preferences synchronization (in addition bookmarks sync), but also offers HTML5 goodies like: Geolocation APIs, App Cache, web sockets, and file drag-and-drop support. Continue Reading
Notice any difference?
- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Microsoft CSS Vendor Extensions
- Mozilla exec urges Firefox users ditch Google for Bing
- Mobile Firefox release candidate coming as early as next week
- Move the Close Tab Button in Firefox
- 6 Killer Extensions for Google Chrome
- Why Mac Google Chrome is Better
- Opera on Google Chrome OS: what me worry?
- Opera Mobile 10 Comes to Android Via Carriers and Manufacturers
- Opera Mini Minor Server Upgrade
- Google’s Mac browser whips Firefox and Opera, lags Apple’s Safari
- WebGL Draft Specification Now Available
Thanks to Rob for links.